More Fun Game Ideas Youll Love
- Minute to Win It Games for Teens Planning the perfect party for teens can be tough! They are in that weird stage where you can never really tell what is cool to them. Lucky for you we have come up with the best Minute to Win It Games for teens, all you need to do is pair it with some junk food and good music and you have the PERFECT party!
- Best Board Games for Teens As our kids get older, connecting with them can become more difficult. However, sometimes we forget, that teenagers are still kids. They still like to play and have fun. One of my favorite ways to connect with my teen is by playing some fun games I know they will love. Whether its family game night or the kids and their friends are having a fun night in these board games for teens will be a total hit!
- Party Games for Tweens Impressing those tweens can always be a little difficult, so planning the perfect birthday may not be easy. From inviting friends to feeding those growing kids there are a lot of things to think about. But dont worry we have you covered with the fun! These super fun Party Games for Tweens are sure to impress all those pre-teen guests!
New Canaan Nature Centernew Canaan
Is your tween an outdoor enthusiast? Check out the Survival Challenge party for kids ages 8-12. Party guests will learn how to read a compass or a map, then learn how to build a shelter, identify local plant species, and maybe even find some edible bugs. Other party options include a Night Hike, Science Mania, as well as other themes.
How To Choose A Theme For Teen Party
Unless this is a surprise party it is a good idea to consult your teen and figure out the theme together.
Perhaps you could have a list of suggested themes to get the conversation started. Ill give you several ideas in a moment.
Things to ask your teen when figuring out the party theme:
1. Whats your favorite
You can build a theme around any of those things.
2. Do you want a theme party or do you prefer an activity?
Any activity can be considered a theme but lets say your teen wants to go to an amusement park with a couple of friends, no theme is really necessary. Just a day to hang out with friends.
Cookie decorating class is a cookie theme but does not require any cookie decorations. Simple fun with friends at a class.
3. How many people are you thinking about inviting?
Knowing whether you are talking about 2 or 50 people can determine what kind of party you are hosting.
Awesome teen party themes/activities include
RELATED POST: 19 COOL PARTY THEMES FOR TEENS
In a moment Ill give you ideas for over 30 places you can host a teenage birthday party. Many of those function as a theme as well.
Of course, parties dont require a theme but it makes it easier when it comes to decorations, food etc.
An activity with a few friends can be easier and cheaper than hosting a theme party.
Have fun with your teens!
Sign up to receive a monthly newsletter filled with all kinds of cool ideas you can do with teens
I look forward to sending you cool ideas!
Don’t Miss: Happy Birthday My Beautiful Friend
Legoland And Sea Life Kc
2475 Grand Blvd Kansas City, MO 64108
Whether you want to explore the creatures of the sea or build your own mini fig, Legoland and Sea Life KC are great neighboring attractions for your kids birthday party! You can either pick a party package at one location or spend the day checking out both with a few friends!
Birthday Party Venues For Philly Tweens
No longer a little kid, not yet a teen, your tween needs a seriously cool spot as unique as they are to celebrate their birthday. Luckily, Philadelphia offers some perfect places to host a birthday party for this in-between age. Read on for our top picks.
1. Bach to Rock– Wayne, PAGive your kid the ultimate dance party at Bach to Rock, where kids work with a pro to become DJ Superstars. Kids get to create their own mashups and learn how to remix songs. And they get their own live-recorded CD. Call for special pricing and booking information.
2. Dave and Busters – Penn’s Landing, King of Prussia, and Northeast PhillyGive your kid the ultimate arcade experience with a Dave and Buster’s party. Book an event space and pay per person, with prices depending on food options and what level power card the kids receive. Gamers will think this is a seriously awesome place to celebrate their big day.
Mini golf is always a good time. Photo from Linvilla Orchards
3. Linvilla Orchards – Media, PACold weather actually makes Linvilla an excellent place to host a tweener birthday party. From December 26-March 31 only, rent a private room to use for its indoor mini golf space. With a pizza and a side of lemonade or apple cider, kids also get access to playland, which has some pretty advanced jungle gym activities. Prices vary by party size.
Have a tip or a favorite? Let us know!
You May Like: What Does The Bible Say About Dying On Your Birthday
Cool Teenage Birthday Party Ideas
Your Guide to The Best Teen Birthday Party Ideas
You might fondly remember how easy it was to make your young child happy with a cake, balloons, some friends, and party games.
Now that your teenage child is older and a bit harder to please, you might worry about what youre going to do for your teenagers upcoming birthday.
Theres no need to worry, as there are many amazing teenage birthday party ideas that I will share with you below.
Whether your teen is happy to have a party at home, or would prefer to do something outdoors, there are several options to choose from.
The best way to decide on the perfect teenage birthday party for your child is to read through all the options and then discuss these with them. Once you know how many kids your teen wants to invite and what kind of party theyd like, then you can start planning all the finer details like location, theme, decor, food, music, games, date, and time.
Every child is different, which is why I dont specify which party idea is best for a particular age group. Whether your 16-year-old only wants to hang with some of his best mates, or your 14-year-old is keen on having a neon glow dance party with all the kids in their class, we have a party idea that will be perfect for them.
- Safety discuss your rules, dos and donts, and have adult supervision.
Smores And Hot Cocoa Bonfire Party
The great thing about teen birthday parties is that they dont have to be perfect to be amazing. A simple, yet fun idea for guys or girls is a smores and hot cocoa backyard party. Its not too stuffy or over the top . A few ideas:
- Make it cozy: Offer a few soft blankets for guests to wrap around their shoulders if it gets chilly.
- Offer all the fixings for amazing hot cocoa: Chocolate chips, peppermint, whipped cream and caramel bits are all great add-ins for amazing hot cocoa.
- Let guests make their own toasted marshmallows and smores.
- Add mood lighting: A few well-placed lanterns can add ambiance and mood lighting to enhance the party atmosphere.
- Food ideas: Keep things casual by serving easy finger foods/appetizers that teens love. Pizza, potato skins, hot mac n cheese in mugs, and a variety of chips and snacks will keep them happy!
Image Credit + More Ideas: Todays Creative Life
Recommended Reading: Things To Do For A 3 Year Old Birthday Party
Minute To Win It Party ~ Lets Get Together
Sometimes teens have a short attention span, and these minute-to-win-it games make for a perfect teen party! Theyre simple to put together and quick to play oh, and always fun. Be sure to keep your camera out to capture some hilarious pictures. I swear, teenagers and toddlers make the best pictures. Well, I think its just that my in-between kids wont let me take their pictures. But, once they get to teen age, theyre all about striking a pose!
Some Favorite Products for This Party:These buzzers come in handy for lots of minute-to-win-it games, and how cool is being a winner if you dont get a medal?? These medals are perfect and affordable and come in bulk!
Indoor Birthday Party Games For 11
Code Names: Code Name is a very enjoyable game that requires communication and the ability to make some unusual connections. This is a great game of reasoning and lateral thinking.
5 Second Rule: If youre looking for a great family board game that everyone will enjoy The five Second Rule is it! Often the best games are simple games and this game couldnt be easier to play. All you have to do is name 3 things from a chosen card in 5 seconds. Thats it.
Twister: Twister game challenges you to put your hands and feet at different places on the mat without falling over.
Throw the Burrito: This is one of my kids favorite games to play.
Tabboo Speak Out Mashup: Its a Game Mashup: Two favorite brands come together to create one awesome game. This Taboo game has a Speak Out twist.
Don’t Miss: Best Indoor Plants To Gift On Birthday
Emoji Themed Party ~ Wants And Wishes
How would we ever know how our teens feel in their texts without emojis?! Just teasing kind of. Did you see how cute those po0p emoji cupcakes are? It sounds a little off to say that, but seriously. Cute. The easy thing about an emoji party is there is literally a huge variety of emoji trinkets and decorations available to use.
Some Favorite Products for This Party:These emoji keychains are such a great party favor I know my kids would hook them on their backpacks and love it even more that their friends had one too!
Vintage Nancy Drew Mystery Teen Birthday Party Idea:
Kids just love to have fun with the mystery games and puzzles and here is exactly the kind of theme for their birthday party. SO either your daughters or sons birthday is near you should really peak into this fun and totally thrilling Nancy Drew Mystery party where the favors have been hidden and the kids have to find out them with their special hunting capes on the backs. Here is the tutorial with each small detail love-the-day
Don’t Miss: Funny 50th Birthday Party Invitations
Teen Beach Party ~ Catch My Party
Living in Utah, the beach isnt really an option. But, we can pretend.. we may have to use longboards, instead of surf boards! While looking for fun teenage birthday party ideas, this one definitely caught my eye! The kids could make their own seashell bracelets , drink Pina coladas, play in the pool , decorate flip flops, or make moon sand.
Some Favorite Products for This Party: These awesome beach towels come in a four-pack, for a great price! And, this balloon garland screams beach party!!
A Road Trip For Teen Party
If your teen has a small group of friends then a road trip could be fun. We recently combined a small road trip with cool surfing destinations for our teenage son.
Tip: always take two cars in case someone doesnt feel well so that you can take them home, while the rest can continue the road trip.
It doesnt have to be an overnight road trip, and you can be back home that evening. However, if you want, you can always combine it with an overnight camping trip as well.
Don’t Miss: Birthday Party Venues Dayton Ohio
Other Older Boy Birthday Party Details
- Set a time limit on the party so you dont have kids in your yard or basement for an eternity. It can be anywhere from a couple hours to an overnight. But share an end of the party time with parents from the get-go so everyone is clear when the party ends.
- Ask about or create some special perks for the birthday kid. Depending where you hold the party, there might be options for a badge or keepsake or something else to make the day extra special. We threw Happy 11th Birthday Luke! up on the scoreboard at a minor league baseball game for no extra cost. I just asked when I called to book the tickets.
- Consider the number of guests your son wants to include. Some birthday party options might limit the number of party guests and others work well for a large group. Ask your son what close friends he might want to invite. If hes leaning toward a more expensive option, let him know only his closest friends or best friend could come.
- Toss out the party all together. One year, my sons actually chose to trade all birthday gifts and parties for a long weekend family trip to Universal Studios
Note: If youre looking for great ideas for birthday parties for tween girls, feel free to steal from this list! Unfortunately we dont have a post specific to 11 and 12 year old girls at this point, but maybe soon! I dohear that a spa party with cool nail polish options or a sleepover in a hotel room complete with dance party are big sellers.
Night Games And A Bonfire
If your tween or teen is looking for a coed party, start with a barbecue and then play some familiar games made more mature by being played after the sun goes down. Think ghost in the graveyard, kick the can, and capture the flag. You can close out the night with a bonfire if you have the space, and roast marshmallows and s’mores.
Also Check: Birthday Gifts For Gay Men
Cool Teenage Birthday Party Tips
Hosting a birthday party for a teenager can seem hard but it does not need to be so.
There are many awesome places you can host a party. And based on what I see many teens still like a cool theme party at home too.
In this post youll find several cool tips for teen birthday party
This post contains affiliate links. After clicking one of these links, I might get a small commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. Read our full disclosure and liability disclaimer.
Soccer Shots Birthday Parties
The fun and excitement of Soccer Shots is available for your childs birthday party! Parties are available for children ages 3-8.
An energetic and enthusiastic Soccer Shots coach will lead the birthday child and his/her friends through an extended Soccer Shots session concluding with a scrimmage.
Soccer Shots Party Package:
- 45 minutes to include a best of the best Soccer Shots session. Coaches can stay to sing Happy Birthday if it is desired by the family .
- An energetic and enthusiastic coach will come to the location of your choice, including your home, a local park, etc.
- Parties are designed for children ages 3-8.
- We provide all soccer equipment.
- A Soccer Shots prize is given to each child.
- An official Soccer Shots soccer ball is gifted to the birthday boy/girl.
- 1 to 10 Kids 1 Coach: $150 / 2 Coaches: $175
- 11 to 25 Kids: 2 Coaches $200
Additional Soccer Shots soccer balls can be purchased for $15 each.
Two-week advance reservation is preferred. Scheduling is based on availability of coaches. Please give us a call at or email for additional info.
Read Also: Special Gift For Birthday Girl
Birthday Party Places For Tweens
20 Of The Best Teen Birthday Party Places Even On A Budget
Copy the link and share
Fun Places To Host A Birthday Party For Tweens
Copy the link and share
Final Thoughts On Tween Birthday Parties
Youll want to be sure that your tweens birthday is extra special, no matter if theyre turning 10, 11, or 12. Of course, 12 is the last birthday before your tween is officially a teen. So, a 12th birthday is one to be savored with a special party, and with our fun list of ideas, youre sure to find one that will make yours happy.
Recommended Reading: Things To Do For Your 13th Birthday Party
Away From Home Party Venues And Kids Birthday Party Places
Over 50 fun places to have a birthday party away from home for boys and girls! Great kids birthday party venues for kids party places. We’ve listed our favorite places for kids birthday parties – check your local area for bday party venues near you.All the fun with no clean up!! Birthday party themes are fun at away from home birthday parties too. Check out our birthday party theme page with over 200 fun and uniquebirthday party themes that can be used at a kids party location near you. Toddler Birthday Party Places,fun places and birthday venues for kids, tweens and teenage birthday parties.
Diy Tween Birthday Fondue Party Idea:
The girls love to cook from the very young age, and if the birthday of your girl is coming up, then you must take under consideration this fondue theme for the party to let her enhance her passion and interest for culinary activities. They would not only enjoy making it and then have fun eating it latter as a yummy dessert.Here are the complete details of this yummy recipe and party theme called Fondue karenbcookingmadeeasy
Read Also: Birthday Party Ideas For A 14 Year Old Teenage Girl