Lego Birthday Party Theme
What kid doesnt like to build with Legos? This party can be pretty easy to throw because there is so much to buy with this theme, you dont have to create as much yourself.
This is a pretty universal theme that should be fun for both girls and boys.
Lego Birthday Party Ideas
Decorate with Primary colors in your balloons, table cloth, and streamers. You will also find tons of themed plates, napkins, and goody bags with Lego pictures on and at Dollar Tree.
Lego Cake Toppers
Add little Lego Men to the top of your cake as a quick decoration for Costco cakes or a cake you make yourself at home. If you add cupcakes use these cute stick Lego figure toppers.
For a fun Lego game, buy a bin of classic Lego pieces and give the kids a 10-minute challenge to build something. Then let them show it off to everyone. You could give prizes for the best creation or let them destroy it and build again. Bonus: Your child has more Legos to play with after the party.
Lego Goody Bag
Depending on your budget, you could also buy small Lego sets or mini Lego party sets like animals or vehicles. If you buy a bigger set have the kids build it at the party for an activity. If you get the mini Lego party sets add it to your goody bags.
Milk And Cookies 2nd Birthday Party
When youre looking for ideas for your 2nd birthday party, you have to ask yourself what your toddler loves the most? For many toddlers that means milk and cookies and Jen Carver of Banner Events has just amazed us. Is this sophisticated chic or what but its so kid friendly!? Exactly, the two are not mutually exclusive and we love the way the colour palette and the materials here all work together to create an adorable 2nd birthday party! Rustic chic meets kid heaven!
Pj Masks Birthday Party Theme
Pj Mask is a popular cartoon for little kids and is a favorite of many children. All the characters are superheroes so you can reuse all the great themes from the superhero party. If your child has a favorite character focus on their superpowers for games or use the general superhero ideas.
PJ Mask Birthday Party Ideas
The color theme should be Red, Blue, and Green based on the three main characters. Use this for balloons, table cloths, and goody bag colors. Once again you can add a mask to balloons as a fun decoration.
Instead of purchasing masks made for PJ Masks, you could buy blank white masks and have the kids decorate them as an activity.
PJ Masks Game
Adjust the Cops and Robbers game from the Paw Patrol party to fit PJ Masks. The kids playing the cops can be Catboy, Owlette, and Gekko. While the robbers can be the shows villains Romeo, Luna Girl, and Night Ninja.
Nigh Ninja Obstacle Course
Have the kids be Night Ninja racing through an obstacle course you create in the yard.
Also Check: How Do You Play Happy Birthday On The Guitar
Prepare The Buffet For The Kids Birthday Party
And we arrive at the meal. What to prepare a snack for children on birthdays? Children usually eat very little at parties because they are waiting to have a good time and just for still. Involve the birthday boy in the choice of the snack: his favorite dessert, the sandwiches he likes best. The mini pizzas, donuts, and stuffed half nights are always a guaranteed success. You can also prepare delicious crêpes and create a corner where small guests fill them alone with jam, chocolate syrup, or other ingredients. If you need some ideas for the buffet, check out our post on snacks for children.
Rainbow Theme Birthday Party
What toddler would not love to see an effusion of color? Rainbows are a simple and effective way to get the celebration going. By following the color sequence acronym ROYGBIV , you can create a color scheme for everything from bright balloons to sparkling streamers. Jumbo crayons make great party favors, and don’t forget the colorful candles and sprinkles for the cupcakes.
Don’t Miss: 50th Birthday Gift Ideas For Wife Jewelry
Two Infinity And Beyond 2nd Birthday Idea
Another character-forward 2nd birthday idea that satisfies your little ones love of movies and your propensity toward party planning! Toy Story is that quintessential childhood movie that many of us grew up on and are now enjoying with our little ones. Gather goods on Etsy or Amazon, make your own, or do a mix of all three. Primary colors and familiar faces are all you need to take this cute Disney party idea two the stratosphere.
Best Activities For A Kids Birthday Party
There are as many options for party games as there are for party themes, but which activities you choose depends on several factors. The number of kids at the party, whether theyre older kids or younger children, and what you know your child enjoys.
For younger kids, you know those energy levels are going to be up high. So active games like hide-and-seek, tag, relay races, an obstacle course, or even a bounce house are all great ideas.
One great way to keep a group of young children entertained is to have a dance party! Not only is it fun, its easy to set up right in your living room. You can even turn it into a game, where they have to freeze when the music stops. Kids love it!
Another easy way to ensure all your party guests have a good time is to throw the party someplace where kids can play. A local park is always a great place, especially if it has an outdoor picnic area, too. Many local businesses also offer options for birthday party places. Maybe a trampoline park, gymnastics facility, local swimming pool, or other kid-centered fun play places!
Also Check: Six Flags Birthday Party Packages
Other Older Boy Birthday Party Details
- Set a time limit on the party so you dont have kids in your yard or basement for an eternity. It can be anywhere from a couple hours to an overnight. But share an end of the party time with parents from the get-go so everyone is clear when the party ends.
- Ask about or create some special perks for the birthday kid. Depending where you hold the party, there might be options for a badge or keepsake or something else to make the day extra special. We threw Happy 11th Birthday Luke! up on the scoreboard at a minor league baseball game for no extra cost. I just asked when I called to book the tickets.
- Consider the number of guests your son wants to include. Some birthday party options might limit the number of party guests and others work well for a large group. Ask your son what close friends he might want to invite. If hes leaning toward a more expensive option, let him know only his closest friends or best friend could come.
- Toss out the party all together. One year, my sons actually chose to trade all birthday gifts and parties for a long weekend family trip to Universal Studios
Note: If youre looking for great ideas for birthday parties for tween girls, feel free to steal from this list! Unfortunately we dont have a post specific to 11 and 12 year old girls at this point, but maybe soon! I dohear that a spa party with cool nail polish options or a sleepover in a hotel room complete with dance party are big sellers.
Whats A Good Time To Host The Second Birthday Party
The timing of the party should depend on the sleep schedule of your toddler. If your baby sleeps through the afternoon, then it is best to plan a party in the evening. A party in the morning, when the baby is active after a good nights sleep, would also be a good time to celebrate their birthday.
Make sure the party lasts only for two to three hours. And once the plan is in place, stick to the schedule.
How did you host your childs second birthday party? Let us know if you have any more ideas to share in the comments section below.
Read Also: Places For 1 Year Old Birthday
Best 2 Year Old Birthday Party Ideas Of 2021
Best 2 Year Old Birthday Party Ideas: The best ideas in photos and images of 2 years birthday, 2 years themed birthday, 2 years old decoration, party themes for 2-year-old boy, 2 years old birthday decoration girl, 2 years old birthday reasons male, 2 years old birthday ideas baby girl, 2-year-old girl birthday themes, 2-year-old girl birthday reasons.
Tips For A Great Second Birthday Party
As with any party, planning ahead and getting organised with a list of everything youll need to do in advance of the big day will make things whole lot easier. These top tips should help things run even more smoothly:
- Child-to-adult ratio: If you’ve got quite a few two-year-olds or young toddlers in attendance, then make sure you have enough adults on hand to deal with accidents, as well as any tears or tantrums.
- Write down the gifts your child receives and who they’re from as soon as your child opens them. You’ll thank yourself later when it comes to writing thank-you notes!
- Plan the party for the morning or lunchtime. Many two-year-olds will take an afternoon nap, and you don’t want your party to clash. Plus, they’ll likely be tired after just a couple of hours.
- Be prepared for accidents. Some of your two-year-old guests might have started potty training, so be ready for some potential accidents during your party, and keep cloths and baby wipes handy.
- Dont drop your usual rules. Okay, a party is a time for kids to have fun – but that doesnt mean you should drop your usual rules when it comes to tantrums and misbehaviour. However you usually deal with a tantrum, the best thing to do at a party is to take your child away from the audience, so going to a free room is a good idea.
Don’t Miss: Happy Birthday Banners For Adults
Birthday Decoration 2 Years Girl
If what you want is an inspiration for the 2nd birthday girls decoration, this section is for you since we leave you with the best proposals for themes for girls parties. Trending themes, modern themes for childrens parties and classics that will never go out of style.
All these ideas will inspire you to celebrate the 2-year birthday girl if you have not yet chosen the ideal theme for your daughters party. All the options look amazing! The girls are more visual and detailed so dont miss the opportunity to surprise your daughter with the decoration of her party, regardless of the theme you choose, pay attention to every detail that makes the difference.
Create The Right Atmosphere With Balloons And Music
How to decorate a birthday party for Kids at home? Garlands, ornaments and colored balloons are essential to create the atmosphere of the party immediately. They will also be handy for entertaining children and filling the dead times between one game and another. Even elementary school children are still having fun with balloons. Remember to have duct tape and thread to attach the aircraft to the walls quickly. Keep in mind that this task will take some time.
If you want to find ideas to inspire you, you can read our selection of designs to make a Halloween party at home. You will find a lot of tricks to decorate the event, which can be adapted to any other time of the year.
Do not forget the music! You can not miss in any Kids birthday party! You and the child can make a list with your favorite songs the musical themes will make the little ones dance. You will only need a few speakers to connect to your phone or tablet. In addition to creating the right atmosphere, music will be used to organize music and movement games for children. The best example is limbo, which always succeeds in Kids parties for all ages.
You May Like: Flowers As A Birthday Gift
Celebrate The Best Kids Birthday Party With Total Security
Eliminating all dangers at home for children is a fundamental part of organizing a birthday party at home. First check what risks there may be in the face of possible child accidents: heavy tables that can tip over, spikes, objects that can fall, balconies, stairs, doors.
Tell the children when they arrive where they cannot go. For example, avoid entering the kitchen or going up to a second floor. Put safety measures if necessary . Of course, do not leave balconies, terraces, or open windows. If you have pets at home, it is better to be in a quiet area of the house or garden: dogs and cats can react badly to the noise that children will make.
Two Infinity And Beyond
If your little one loves the magic of outer space, host a Two Infinity and Beyond or outer space party. You can incorporate decor that features characters from the Disney Pixar film or just make it all about outer space by featuring the moon, stars, and planets. If you decide to have a photo booth, use props like Woodys hat and Mr. Potato Heads mustache.
Decorate the party area using outer space party decor and incorporate these elements into your tablecloths or hang the items around the event space. Serve Toy Story alien cupcakes or just lean into the outer space theme with a galaxy-inspired cake. Get guests in on the fun by having the little guys and gals dress up as their favorite space characters.
Read Also: General Birthday Cards In Bulk
Birthday Ideas For Kids At Home
Coming up with entertaining and original kids birthday party ideas isnt easy at the best of times but deciding on birthday ideas for kids at home is trickier still.
Fear not our round-up has everything you need to make your kids party go with a bang, from planning the perfect food and budget-friendly foodie activities to easy cakes with the wow factor and the best mocktails for tweens and teens. All you need do is pick a theme, then get the whole family involved theres something for kids of all ages.
Messy Outdoor Birthday Party Ideas
For outdoor activities in sunny weather, prep ahead of time by stocking up on old towels and asking parents to dress their kids in old clothes or bathing suits for the party. Afterward , set up the sprinkler and let them run through it a few times to get clean.
1. Go wild, Jackson Pollock-style! Put out old sheets or butcher paper on the lawn or driveway or in the garage, buckets of washable paint, and let children have at it Jackson Pollock-style. Bonus points: Dump warm spaghetti in the paint bucketsit splatters beautifully when thrown.
2. Just add water. Two more versions of the wild paint party are to fill water balloons with diluted non-toxic paint and throw them at a sheet, or freeze non-toxic watercolors in ice cube trays and let them paint with the melting cubes. Write a happy birthday message for the honoree with fabric pens.
3. Make a giant mud pie. Fill the kiddie pool with potting soil and water for a good old-fashioned mud pit. Provide some old pie and muffin tins for making that kid-classic: the mud pie. Let the birthday kid blow out the candles on that cake, too!
Messy Indoor Birthday Party Ideas
4. Take a spin!
5. Plane-apalooza! Make paper airplanes out of various papers and materials like printer paper, aluminum foil, and origami paper, and then stage flying contests. You can also build bigger versions of planes out of cardboard or shoe boxes, and decorate them with stickers.
Downsize the Guest List
You May Like: Venues For 70th Birthday Party
Moana Theme Girl Party
Continuing with more ideas of 2 years birthday girl, I propose to carry out a very tropical celebration for this anniversary. Celebrate a Moana theme girl party with super colorful details inspired by the beautiful film of this princess.
For this idea, you should let your creativity fly. Add giant paper flowers, some colored strips to decorate the cake table and of course, there are the Moana characters printed on coroplast to give life to every detail.
Quick Tips For A Lockdown Birthday Party
- Choose a theme to help you plan the decorations, cake and games does your child love unicorns, dinosaurs or Frozen? Scroll down to see some inspired social distancing party ideas.
- Make your childs birthday feel different to other days spent at home. Use skittles to create a bowling lane, dress up, make afternoon tea or even sleep in the living room together.
- Set up a Zoom party so your child can see family or friends. Involve your child in making their cake. We love BBC Good Food for showstopping creations.
- Enjoy it! Stay in your PJs, eat cake, and revel in the fact you aren’t having to play host.
You May Like: Surprise 30th Birthday Party Ideas For Him
Best Birthday Party Ideas For Boys
Party on, dudes!
So what do kids, specifically boys, really want for their birthday party theme? Well, we happen to have a ton of birthday party ideas for boys right here, ranging across all interests and ages. For boys in the toddler age range, consider a dinosaur birthday party theme or a Mickey Mouse birthday party for that Disney-loving kiddo of yours. Elementary-aged boys will likely want a say in the details of their party. They will be obsessed with a Fortnite birthday party. Is your boy a book worm? Try a Harry Potter-themed party hell never forget. Have friends and family far away? Consider a virtual birthday party so out-of-town friends can join in on the fun.Check out these epic birthday party ideas for boys to make your little man feel special. Party on!