The Chocolate Bar Game
And finally, last but not least, the chocolate bar game.
You will need:
- large bar of chocolate on a plate with a knife and fork
- large boots, large jacket, hat, and gloves
Kids throw the dice until someone gets a 6. Whoever gets a 6 quickly puts on all the clothes and starts to eat the chocolate using the cutlery until the next child throws a 6 and then it becomes their turn. Really funny game the kids will enjoy!
Y Games For Kids Final Note
Party games are an important part of social life for children. They help kids to learn how to interact with others, develop their communication skills and learn to take turns. Plus kids love to play games, especially during a party. If you are hosting a childrens party then consider playing some of the fun games we have shared!
For more party ideas, check out our party pages here.
I use affiliate links in some blog posts. If you click through and make a purchase, I earn a small commission at no extra cost to yourself. Thank you for your support.
Looking For Some Inspiration For Your Next Kids’ Shindig Get The Party Started By Playing These Party Games
Birthday parties are a ton of fun, but cleaning up after is the worst. Thats why were so glad that there are fantastic birthday party venues that not only keep the kids entertained during the party but also provide delish food to boot, too. Sometimes, though, wed much rather have a birthday party at home or in a function room by the pool. You can have your own bouncy castle, whatever birthday cake you fancy, a few party games, birthday potluck and bam a cost-efficient and fun party. But when it comes to entertainment, what can you do? Well, weve got you covered. Check out our party games thatll leave you howling with laughter and keep the kids entertained too!
Recommended Reading: Happy Birthday Text Messages With Music
Red Light Green Light
This evergreen childhood game is popular again, all thanks to Squid Game. There are many versions of this game but heres the basic premise. Appoint one person to be the traffic police, and gather the rest at the starting line. The cop will have to close their eyes and shout out red light, green light, one two three! while the remaining players race towards the police. Everyone has to freeze when it reaches the count of three. Youre eliminated or sent back to the starting line if the cop caught you moving. Start a new round when either the first person or all players reach the finishing line.
Activity #1: Parachute Volleyball
This is the coolest cooperative activity! I remember doing this activity with my kids in physical education, and they loved it!
This outdoor game is especially great for younger kids who cant quite hit the volleyball over the net yet!
- The kids will be split up into 2-4 teams, and they will get a parachute.
- One team will start the game by working together to throw the ball into the air, trying to get it over the net.
- The other team will attempt to receive the ball by moving where the ball will land to try to catch it.
- After they catch it, they can try to send it over the net or pass it to the other group next to them.
- Scoring can be kept as regular volleyball is up to 25 rally scoring!
Recommended Reading: 50th Birthday Tiara Party City
Birthday Games For 10
Grape in Flour: You will need a plate, flour, a knife, and some grapes. Put one grape balanced on top of a mountain of flour. Each child has to take a turn to slice away chunks of flour without knocking the grape. The loser who knocks the grape ends up with their face pushed into flour!
Wink Assassin: Everybody sits in a circle. One person is nominated to be It and moves away from the circle while everyone else decides who the murderer will be. It is called back to stand in the circle. The murderer winks at one person in the circle at a time . When someone has been winked at, they pretend to die dramatically! It has to try to deduce who the murderer is. Once they guess, the murderer becomes the next It and the game starts over.
Would You Rather: This game can get quite fun, especially if you start it off with some gruesome questions. In my experience, kids this age love silly, stinky, and somewhat gross questions! Here are a few of my favorite would you rather questions.
- Would you rather eat a slug or lick a snail?
- Would you rather live in a damp cave or a windy treetop?
- Would you rather kiss a frog or eat a toad?
Preschooler Party Games: Fun Games For Three Year Olds To Five Year Olds
Preschooler attention spans still arent very long so it is wise to keep games short, simple and focused on the whole group of party guests.
They also cant cope with too many competition games with winners and losers, so its good to play games where everyone has a chance to win or simply enjoy taking part.
Essentially focus on fun games that will keep with rules that are simple to follow.
All this said, three, four and five year olds are capable of increasing amounts of cooperative play, so they are capable of enjoying a wider range of games than toddlers.
Heres a list of simple games to play with kids aged three to five. All these games work equally well for indoor parties at home, parties at a venue or summer outdoor parties.
You May Like: Send Birthday Gift To Sweden
Activity #1: Cross The River
This is a classic game to work on communication and teamwork skills.
This is a great game to play outside with the kids on field day or just a game to try at home with your family!
- Split up the teams, and they should line up behind a basket.
- Inside the basket are river rocks . The first student will get the spot out, place it on the ground and step on it.
- The next student gets a spot out, passes it to the first person, places it on the ground, and steps on it. The second person then steps on the first spot.
- This continues until all the spots are gone, and a bridge is made.
- Once the bridge is made, someone will say Cross the River, and all students will step on a rock and cross the river.
- If someone steps/falls off, they must go back to their line, and everyone behind them will move up and try again.
Childrens Party Games: Fun Birthday Party Games For Kids Of All Ages
Posted on Last updated:
Categories KIDS PARTIES
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my Amazon affiliate disclosure at the bottom of this page or
Heres a big list of 30 fun childrens party games for kids birthday parties. Ive divided the list of birthday party games into age-groups for toddlers, preschoolers and 6-10 year olds. That said, all the games can be enjoyed by tweens, teens and adults alike.
Ive included detailed instructions on how to set up and how to play each game. Ive also mentioned where you need to buy items for the game.
Plus theres some party game prizes inspiration and ideas if you scroll down to the end.
Don’t Miss: Fun Places To Go For Your Birthday
Indoor Birthday Party Games For 10 Year Olds
Indoor Birthday PartyGames for 10-Year-Olds: All kids love to play games, laugh hard and be silly all the time. During parties, their expectation for having fun rises even more and even parents should not restrict them from having fun. It is for that reason, parents or adults planning for a party for 10 year olds birthday party should always keep in mind that kids love to have fun with each other and for that, they need different types of games lined up.
Games are the best ways for keeping the kidâs birthday party always rolling and making kids more social. Having games at the birthday party usually serve these two basic purposes. Other than that, games and fun entertainments at the birthday party makes the party more vibrant and happy, which is also the sole purpose of the birthday party, isnât it? So, if you are planning a birthday party for 10-year-olds, then GAMES and fun activities are the aspects that should never be ignored.
Activity #3: Fill It Up
This is a classic field day game that is used around schools across the world!
It never gets old, though the kids ALWAYS love it!
- The players will be lined up in a straight line in-between each bucket.
- The first person in line will be given a sponge. On the GO signal, they will dip their sponge into the bucket of water.
- They will pass the sponge down the line to all the people, and the last person in the line will squeeze the sponge out into the bucket at the end of the line.
- That last person will run the sponge back up to the front of the line, dip the sponge in the water again, and pass it down the line.
- The team that reaches the line on the bucket at the end first wins!
You May Like: May God Bless You Birthday Wishes
Game Of Charades For Kids
Charades is an ancient game but is equally popular among kids, youths as well as for adults. A simple game of charades is perfect for an indoor birthday party.
How to set up and play!
For the game of charades for 10 year olds, prepare a list of some movie names, names of famous actors, or songs. New, keep the names in a big box and keep it on one side. Now, invite the kids one by one, ask them to reach into the box and get one paper. Then, he or she has to act it and make the team member understand the name. If he becomes successful to make his team member understand, then the team gets the point. Otherwise, the point goes to the opponent team. Finally, the team with maximum points win the game.
What Is In The Bag
This game is a fun way to start the party. Though you need to prepare it a few days earlier than the actual party, it will definitely bring life to the party.
How to set up and play!
To play this game, first of all, you should make all the children sit in a circle and feature 10 or so mystery foods in black boxes/ bags. You pass the field around the circle and everybody can watch, or taste the meals without searching for the bag, blindfolds may be required. After the youngsters look at the meals they write down what they suppose is in the baggage/ containers, and the man or woman with the most correct on the quiz wins.
Recommended Reading: Best Birthday Cakes In Sacramento
Fun Birthday Party Games For Kids
Bring some fun and excitement to your childs next party with these hilarious birthday party games for kids. Theyre easy kids party games you can create at home to keep them entertained during the whole party.
Youll find indoor & outdoor party games the kids will love and beg for more. Get inspired for your next birthday party with our awesome party game ideas for kids.
This post contains affiliate links. If you choose to buy something using my link, I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, see my disclaimer here.
Final Thoughts And Conclusions
Birthday party games for kids are exciting to plan! Whether it be for your small family game day or a larger event, these outdoor games are sure to be a hit.
Theres nothing better than getting outside to play some fun games. Adding some cooperative learning and gross motor skills is even better!
In the comments below, let me know if you try any of these activities! Id love to hear how they went!
You May Like: 13 Year Old Birthday Party Themes
Activity #: Ultimate Frisbee
Ultimate frisbee was a fan favorite of my students when I was teaching! Its a competitive and fast-moving game. Its a perfect outdoor party game!
I love that its constantly changing sides, so the kids have to pay attention at all times!
- Split the group into 2 even teams.
- You can see who will start with the Frisbee by doing rock, paper, scissors the team that wins gets to start with the Frisbee.
- The person that has the Frisbee can take 2 steps with it. The defense has to back 3 steps away from the person with the Frisbee.
- If the Frisbee hits the ground, its the other teams, Frisbee.
- The games object is to try to throw the Frisbee to teammates down the field to score in the end zone.
Y Games For 11 Year Olds
First published on Wednesday 5 August 2020Last modified on Tuesday 19 January 2021
Planning a birthday party for your 11 year old and looking for fun party games for tweens? From indoor games to outdoor activities, these great ideas will ensure kids have lots of party fun!
This article contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a small amount of money if a reader clicks through and makes a purchase. All our articles and reviews are written independently by the Netmums editorial team.
If youre planning an 11-year-olds birthday party, youll want some fun party games to keep them entertained.
At 11, kids have often outgrown traditional party games like pass the parcel and Simon says, but luckily they still enjoy taking part in team games and fun activities. The tween party games below are all tried and tested party pleasers and your child will have plenty of their own ideas about whats cool enough for their friends, too.
Just make sure you have plenty of small gifts such as sweets and stickers to hand older kids still expect prizes and theyll be happy to demand them!
Your browser cannot play this video.
Also Check: Best Places To Visit On Your Birthday
Hello Kitty Birthday Party Games
Here we have two variants of Hello Kitty-themed games that you can play at your little ones birthday party. These can be played even if Hello Kitty is not your primary theme.
How to play?
- Hang a Hello Kitty cut-out on the wall with the bow of the kitty missing.
- Use a separate bow cut-out to play the game
- Kids have to close their eyes and stick the bow on Hello Kittys head.
- The one who is hits the closest mark, wins!
This one is a Hello Kitty version of the famous pin the donkeys tail game. So, enjoy it!
Paint the kitty
- Just like for the previous game, you need Hello Kitty cut-outs for this one as well. However, these will be plain, smaller in size, and complete versions of Hello Kitty .
- Hand out the cut-outs to children and provide paint and other decoration material.
- Children need to paint and decorate the cut-outs as per their liking and then carry these home.
A great addition to the takeaway present too!
More Games Youll Love
- Cool Board Games for Teens One of my personal favorite past times as a teenager is getting all my friends together, usually it was at my house, having a bunch of snacks and playing board games all night! We all laughed and created some of the best memories together. One of my biggest hopes is that my kids one day do the same. I will totally bribe them with the best treats to make sure it happens! These totally cool board games for teenagers are perfect for their next game night.
- Party Games for Teens Throwing a big bash for a bunch of teens can be a little crazy! Trying to impress teenagers can be tough! There are so many different things to think about when planning a party. From the food, guest, goodies, and GAMES! Lucky for you we have come up with the absolute best list of party games for teenagers!
- Limbo Party Games How low can you go? All the way to the floor? The lower you go the higher the chances of winning this fun Limbo party game! Now all there is to do is add a few leis and some fun limbo music and you have one heck of a party! I love throwing a fun themed party, like this Luau Party, which this Limbo party game is PERFECT for. See how to play the perfect Limbo game and some great tips to make even more fun!
Read Also: Winter Indoor Birthday Party Ideas
Th Birthday Party Themes
Check out these themes for birthday party ideas for ten-year-olds and take your pick.