Best Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
Get ready for the BEST gluten free dairy free cookie recipe! Our Best Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies are allergy friendly and just like traditional Toll House chocolate chip cookies. Youd never know theyre gluten free and dairy free!
Serve up this colorful Blackberry Kiwi Fruit Salad as a side for breakfast, lunch, or dinner! This delicious and simple fruit salad is top 8 allergen free and paleo.
One of my favorite family cookies we made around the holidays, made vegan and gluten free: Chocolate No Bake Cookies! These are a favorite around our house and so addicting.
These homemade peanut-free SunButter Jam Uncrustables are a fun and allergy friendly lunchbox treat or after school snack! They can easily be made to fit any food allergies.
Add more protein to your snack with these yummy Fudgy Brownie Protein Bites! They are gluten free, dairy free, peanut free, and paleo
Mix up a whole grain sweet snack at home with these dairy free and gluten free Cinnamon Sugar Crackers theyre vegan and nut free!
Raw Peppermint Oreos Dipped In Dark Chocolate
Oreos are technically vegan, thats something most people know. What theyre not, however, is filled with delicious, natural ingredients like Emily von Euws Raw Peppermint Oreos Dipped in Dark Chocolate which are totally raw and have a nice minty filling. If you love York Peppermint Patties these are right up your alley!
Tips For Baking Gluten
- Line the bottoms of the cake pans with parchment paper. Trace the bottoms of the cake pans with a pencil and cut out with scissors to have it fit perfectly!
- Use gluten-free cooking spray to grease the cake pans. I like coconut oil cooking spray.
- Allow the cakes to cool in the pans for 10 minutes and then finish cooling on a cooling rack.
- Allow the cakes to completely cool before your frost it.
Also Check: Send Happy Birthday Card Online
Fruits Veggies Nuts And Other Options
- Remember that any whole, unprocessed fruit or veggie is a safe snack! Experiment with new options you may have skipped over in the past maybe a pomegranate, sugar snap peas, or starfruit is next to try!
- Dried fruit Raisins, dried mango, dried pineapple, and dried apples are all easy sweet treats that are great for kids and adults alike.
- Nut butter packs I cant be the only one that gets those little Justins cashew butter and almond butter packs and just eats em out and about, right?! Perfect to toss in your purse for a satisfying snack.
- Pickles and olives Both are great for a salty but still healthy snack! Plus, you can find these at literally any grocery store no specialty shopping needed.
- Applesauce Again, easy to find anywhere and great for kids and adults. Im cheap so I generally get a big ol tub for the fridge, but you can grab the little single-serve packs or pouches too.
- NOW Foods honey roasted pecans I work with NOW regularly I seriously love these pecans! For snacking or salads or granola, theyre so good.
Nadamoo Ice Cream Bundles
They offer the most fun flavors of any dairy-free ice cream brand, and let you build your own bundle of 5 or 9 flavors. For the holidays, they also have Peppermint Bark and Pumpkin Pie flavors. Please note that the price above does not include shipping. They offer a very fair $25 flat shipping rate, so your ice cream arrives perfectly frozen. Just be sure to let your recipient know its coming!
Also Check: Gluten Free Birthday Gift Baskets
Simple Homemade Snack Ideas
Of course, outside of pre-made store-bought snacks, you can easily create your own delicious and healthy snack combinations. Here are a few simple quick ideas, and then youll find more in-depth recipes below!
1. Nut or seed butter with rice crackers. There are so many nut and seed butters to choose from, so this snack is very versatile. Switch it up with pumpkin seed butter, pecan butter, sunflower seed butter, or even watermelon seed butter. You can also make your own by grinding nuts or seeds in a food processor. If your rice crackers are flavored, make sure they dont have any dairy in the seasoning.
2. Roasted chickpeas. Chickpeas, or garbanzo beans, are an all-in-one snack! Theyre packed with fiber, protein, and carbohydrates. You can make your own at home by tossing chickpeas with a little oil and gluten-free seasonings, then roasting at 400°F for about 20-30 minutes.
3. Dairy-free yogurt with gluten-free granola. There are so many options for dairy-free yogurt today, so pick your favorite! Popular non-dairy yogurts are made from coconut, soy, almonds, and even cashews. Pair with certified gluten-free granola for a nice crunch.
7. Rice cake with nut or seed butter and banana slices. Rice cakes are an easy gluten-free option and can be found in most grocery stores. However, they dont do much to fill you up when eaten alone. Make it a snack by pairing with your favorite nut or seed butter for protein and banana slices for carbohydrates and fiber.
Top 10 Tools For Gluten
These brownies are made using healthy teff flour that is a healthy gluten-free flour alternative.
Although its a little on the earthy side like Erin from Texanerin notes, you wont even notice the difference with all the chocolatey goodness from the cocoa powder.
If youre following a more whole foods and paleo based diet, these coconut flour brownies are sure to be a hit!
Made with healthy ingredients like coconut oil, eggs, and walnuts, you can feel good about this treat.
If I told you that you could make a gluten-free dairy-free brownie dessert, would you believe me? What if I told you it only required 3 ingredienst?
Yep, it exists and youll definitely want to bookmark this easy and tasty recipe for later.
If you want a brownie that you can feel good about or youre just trying to find ways to sneak some more veggies into your daily diet, these brownies are for you.
Theyre gluten-free and dairy-free and they look absolutely divine.
Now, I havent made this recipe but they look decadent and perfect for a true indulgence that is still true to your gluten-free dairy-free diet.
These arent the healthiest recipe on the list, but if youre eating brownies should eating healthy really be at the top of your priority list? Ha!
This is an interesting take on a brownie recipe using avocados as the creamy consistency that most recipes call for butter and dairy.
Recommended Reading: Girl 8 Birthday Party Ideas
Difference Between Custard And Ice Cream
I was craving some legit CUSTARD-BASED ice cream, which uses egg yolk to add that silky smooth texture. So I had myself a testing session and am so excited about the results. This recipe has the traditional custard-base with pasture-raised egg yolks and full-fat coconut milk & coconut cream in place of half & half
Look at how creamy, dreamy, and decadent the result is! Its worth the extra steps in my book.
Crank up the tunes, get whisking, and have fun. Ill show you how.
Vegan Chocolate Caramel Slice
Source: Vegan Chocolate Caramel Slice
Caramel desserts are like a little piece of heaven! But skip the Snickers and make Laura Peills Vegan Chocolate Caramel Slice instead, which are easy, healthy, and so indulgent-tasting. Youll want to keep a batch on hand in the freezer when those hankerings hit hardbecause you know they will!
Don’t Miss: Birthday Card For 90 Year Old Woman
Tips For Making This Healthy Birthday Cake
How To Store Gluten Free Birthday Cake
You can actually make this gluten free birthday cake recipe 1-2 days ahead of time! I like to make the cakes ahead of time and keep them in the fridge for easy assemble, but you can also store it after youve frosted the cake, too! I recommend storing the cake covered in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Recommended Reading: Things To Do For 15th Birthday
Gluten Free Dairy Free Freezer Cake
Posted on Last updated:
Home » Gluten Free Dairy Free Freezer Cake
This dairy free freezer cake is the perfect alternative birthday cake for those who follow a dairy free diet but its so good, everyone will want a piece!
This post was sponsored by Collective Bias and So Delicious and contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting brands that support What The Fork Food Blog
One of those quintessential birthday cakes has got to be that classic cake you find in your freezer section you know which one Im talking about. Creamy exterior , bright blue icing, chocolate and vanilla filling, and the best part that crunchy chocolate middle.
Since were celebrating my mother-in-laws birthday soon, I thought it would be fun to re-create that cake, just in a version that everyone can enjoy. Since Kelsey and my mother-in-law are both lactose intolerant, we cant celebrate with that store-bought version anymore. However, its SO easy to make it yourself!
Walmart carries a bunch of different So Delicious Dairy Free frozen treats, our go-to dairy free frozen desserts. Theyve got pints of all kinds some made with coconut milk, almond milk, and cashew milk. They also have dairy free bars as well!
A few tips to make this freezer cake successful:
be sure to follow me on and hashtag #whattheforkfoodblog or tag @whattheforkfoodblog i love seeing what you make!
Prep Time: Total Time:
How To Make Homemade Custard Ice Cream
As mentioned, making custard ice cream has a few more prep steps. Youll need:
- An ice cream maker of course , and I always store the bowl in the freezer so its ready to go!
- Egg yolks! Thats what makes this custard ice cream.
- A large mixing bowl or roast pan for the ice bath.
- A blender or mason jar to break up the coconut cream so its nice and smooth.
- A fine-mesh strainer for the eggs.
- Cacao powder to make it chocolate!
- A whisk.
- Any desired mix-ins such as chocolate chips, nuts, or cacao nibs .
You May Like: Fun Places To Go With Friends For Birthday
The Creamy Buttercream Frosting
Now, Id be remiss if I didnt mention that the chocolate buttercream frosting is equally impressive. Like lick the bowl impressive. Its also vegan, dairy-free and paleo, depending on how you make it.
Ive separated that recipe into its own post, so that you can easily search for it and use on other cake or cupcake recipes in the future. But together, Im not kidding when I say that this is by far the best paleo chocolate cake recipe out there. It may even be the best chocolate cake recipe. Period.
Things To Remember About Nut Free Birthday Treats
Make sure that even with nut free snacks youre still talking to your students teacher or to the parents of the food allergic child when deciding what to bring in as a shareable nut free birthday treat. Make sure if theres any confusion, that you ask questions before assuming a particular snack is okay to pass around the class. There might be other allergen sensitivities that you need to keep in mind. We love our nut free product recommendations. But, do be sure to be your own biggest advocate by staying up to date with current labeling and facility policies. Recipes change over time. Always check labels.
Even when something is clearly labeled nut free, we want to encourage you to run your potentially shareable food by the parent of a food allergic child. There might be another allergy youre currently unaware of in addition to their allergy to nuts. And, I guarantee the parents will really appreciate it. If its a new nut free snack theyve never even heard of, it could be super fun to introduce them into a new rotation of their shopping list!
Like what you see? Get in touch with us on social media! Our Instagram handle is . Let us know if youve discovered a new nut free snack today. And tell us, how do you like to celebrate your birthday? Do you have your own favorite nut free birthday treat?
Also Check: Gift For Wife On Her Birthday
Best Paleo Carrot Cake
Finally, a tree nut free carrot cake with non-dairy cream cheese frosting! This cake is alive with flavor! Fresh carrots, apple, and orange zest add nutrition and keep it lusciously moist. It goes perfectly with my dairy-free Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting! Great for birthdays, special occasions, or just a snack, the cake is free of gluten, grains, dairy, sugar, and will not raise blood sugar or cause weight gain if you use one of the suggested non-carb natural sweeteners. Hint: You can make this as a round layer cake like the photo above, or a sheet cake, or cupcakes!
Peanut Butter And Chocolate Butter Cream Cups
How does life get any better than with a batch of Emily von Euws Peanut Butter and Chocolate Butter Cream Cups in your kitchen? Oh wait, did we mention theyre raw? Yep, you can make a batch of these and give them to your friends, then proceed to watch them gasp as you tell them how easy and amazing for you they are.
Recommended Reading: The Complete Book Of Birthdays
How To Shop For Dairy Free Gluten Free Snacks
Luckily these days, there are actually a lot of dairy free gluten free snacks on the market, as well as recipes you can make yourself. If youre just starting to eat with these restrictions, you might feel a little overwhelmed though! Here are some tips when youre shopping for snacks at the store:
First, lets start with dairy, because thats the easier one. Dairy is one of the top 8 food allergens, so it must be listed on a food label either in plain language or in a Contains: Milk statement.
If you dont see any dairy in the ingredients or in an allergen statement, you can rest assured that it should be fine to eat. Just dont forget to thoroughly look at the ingredients manufacturers do not have to use the contains statement as long as it is clear in the ingredients.
Gluten is a little trickier, because manufacturers are not legally required to label for gluten itself . The Gluten Intolerance Group has a complete list of ingredients to avoid, as well as a handy reference card that you can also download and use when eating away from home.
If you are avoiding gluten due to celiac disease or a sensitivity, look for the following options when shopping:
Also, be aware of products that include a statement about possible cross-contamination. Just because a product doesnt include ingredients with gluten doesnt mean that the product has not been contaminated with gluten during processing.
Chips Crackers & Salty Snacks
- Siete Foods grain free tortilla chips and queso This is literally the best dairy free queso Ive ever had! You can if you cant find them in store.
- Biena vegan ranch chickpea puffs and some of their roasted chickpeas: dark chocolate, cinnamon crunch, habanero, BBQ, sea salt, honey roasted, and rockin ranch
- Apple chips Technically these are sweet and not salty, but theyre a chip so I guess Ill include em here? I love these apple chips for snacking or for making homemade versions of a Panera fuji apple chicken salads, which can easily be made gluten free and dairy free at home.
- These are super crunchy but I like that about em. Theyre great for random solo snacking, or topping with tuna for a more substantial snack.
- Glutino Pretzels These are great when youre craving a salty snack but you can also use them in your own homemade trail mixes. Or, grab some of these and dip them in a dairy-free chocolate dessert hummus.
Read Also: Personalized Chocolate Bars For Birthdays
How To Make Chocolate Buttercream
- In a large bowl, cream butter until smooth with a stand-up or hand mixer.
- Add the pure vanilla and almond extract to the butter. Mix until fully combined.
- Add the cocoa powder and mix until fully combined.
- Add the powdered sugar, one cup at a time, to the butter mixture and mix until fully combined.
- Add the milk to the frosting and beat until smooth and spreadable.
- Place the first cake on a plate or a cake plate.
- Frost the top of the first cake. This will be the frosting in the center of your cake. I like a good amount of frosting in the center.
- Place the second cake on top of the frosted first cake.
- Frost the top and side of the cake with the remaining frosting.
- I decorated the top with gluten-free sprinkles and frosting flowers using a Wilton 1M tip.