Birthday Games For 10
Grape in Flour: You will need a plate, flour, a knife, and some grapes. Put one grape balanced on top of a mountain of flour. Each child has to take a turn to slice away chunks of flour without knocking the grape. The loser who knocks the grape ends up with their face pushed into flour!
Wink Assassin: Everybody sits in a circle. One person is nominated to be It and moves away from the circle while everyone else decides who the murderer will be. It is called back to stand in the circle. The murderer winks at one person in the circle at a time . When someone has been winked at, they pretend to die dramatically! It has to try to deduce who the murderer is. Once they guess, the murderer becomes the next It and the game starts over.
Would You Rather: This game can get quite fun, especially if you start it off with some gruesome questions. In my experience, kids this age love silly, stinky, and somewhat gross questions! Here are a few of my favorite would you rather questions.
- Would you rather eat a slug or lick a snail?
- Would you rather live in a damp cave or a windy treetop?
- Would you rather kiss a frog or eat a toad?
Adapting Outdoor Activities To Indoor Games At The Last Minute
If the weather cooperates, then you can have some really fun and messy party games for kids birthdays outdoors. You can still have some wonderful games and even cater them to the indoors if the need arises.
Here are some ideas to modify games that are typically played outside to an indoor version:
Water Balloon Toss: If the weather doesnt cooperate for a water balloon toss outside, then cover balloons with shaving cream and have the group do this in an appropriate area of the house.
Relay Races: Kids love to pair up and run races, and you can add in obstacles and different paths for them. If the weather isnt working with you, then you can put together a hide and go seek version of this but have the kids work as teams.
Or create a shorter Relay in the living room, using kitchen objects to hold, balance, or stack other items.
You can also use solo cups to play stacking cups/ Speed Stacks and have kids form a line to make a relay out of it!
Coming up with birthday party games for kids can be all about creativity and you as the parent using a little bit of imagination!
Everyonefrom the littlest player to the oldestwill have a good time playing games as a group, and the birthday party is sure to be a hit!
Other Party Ideas Youll Love:
Birthday Party Bowling Alley
Is your child into bowling? If not, this is one of those birthday party games that can teach a new sport to children. Im sure all of you will want to try it.
How to play?
- Create your own bowling alley! Cut plastic sheets into vertical strips measuring 2 feet in width and around 5 feet in length. Stick these strips on the floor to replicate a bowling alley.
- At one end of the strip place bowling pins and the other end will have medium-sized throwing balls. You can use authentic kiddie-sized bowling balls as well.
- Kids have to roll the ball along the plastic strip to make the pins fall. Scores are based on the numbers of bowling pins that fall at every turn.
- Bowling sets are also readily available in most toy stores and you can use them to get the pins and the ball.
Its a little bit of preparatory effort but guaranteed fun for your childs birthday party!
Read Also: Birthday Cake Delivery San Francisco
Outdoor Party Games For Kids
Age group: 6-10 years
This is the perfect game to play if you are celebrating the birthday party outdoors or if you have organized a picnic at the park as part of the celebrations. Divide the children into smaller groups of 3 – 4 and set them out on a treasure hunt, letting them solve a series of riddles or visual clues, hidden in different places. This adventure will surely get them thinking as they try to solve the puzzles along the way.
Indoor Activity #: Whats In The Bowl
Prep Time: 1 minute
- A bag of uncooked rice.
- A blindfold.
- A collection of small objects from around the house: coins, pieces of crayon, marbles, goldfish crackers, a pen lid, the cap to the toothpaste, whatever you got. Just remember to keep an eye on all of these things when youre done, as some may still be a safety hazard for kids.
- Prizes for the winners.
- A timer .
Whats in the Bowl? is a kids party version of the classic baby shower game in which blindfolded guests fish for tiny safety pins in a bowl full of uncooked rice. Obviously, since you dont want kids collecting dangerous needles and/or drinking Mimosas before noon, the bowl is filled with other small objects. The concept, however, remains the same. Each kid takes a turn and the goal is to either: a) fish as many items as possible out of the bowl in the shortest amount of time, or b) guess what each item is entirely by touch. In both cases, you keep score and award the winner a prize.
Recommended Reading: Birthday Theme Ideas For Girls
Delicious Food Ideas For Kids 8th Birthday Party
Great food can make or break a party, so here are some ideas to keep their taste buds lit.
- Mystery Dinner: The guests are shown a menu with a list of items, so they know what to expect, but they can never know what will get until it arrives.
- Spaghetti: Offer a selection of pasta and noodles with different sauces, cheese, and breadsticks.
- Pizza: The ultimate filling food, you can even have the children make their own as well. Offer them a list of toppings and even give them a chefs hat.
- Salads: The parents would appreciate this! Set out bowls with two or three types of lettuce, shredded carrots, sunflower seeds, black olives, raisins, and more.
- Chocolate Fountain: Its needless to say how awesome these things are. Your 8-year-old girl would love to have one at her party.
- Festival Foods: You can have some nachos, funnel cakes, fried dough, cotton candy, and corndogs throughout the party.
- Hot Dogs: Kids would love to fix up their own hot dog. Have some onions, mustard, melted cheese alongside some chips at the stand.
- Themes Cold Cuts: Give the option for guests to make their own sandwiches with cheese and cold cuts you made with a theme-based cookie cutter.
- Hamburgers: Hamburgers with customizable toppings set out on the table is also a great idea. Cut the cheese slices with a cookie cutter that goes with your theme.
- Candy Buffet: Who wouldnt love a candy buffet! Throw in plenty of sugar treats to complement your theme.
Involve The Whole Gang
To make the birthday party games for kids the most fun they can be, you should remember to come up with ideas that everyone present can play.
Consider if any of your guests have special needs or disabilities that might require a modification to the game. If conducting a relay race, consider letting a child go half way if they are younger or slower than the rest of the group, or having another kid partner up to push their wheelchair.
Other individuals might prefer or need to stay seated. They can still be involved in all of the fun! Simply move the activity to where they can remain seated or bring objects to them to help them be a part of the fun.
Keep in mind that some children and adults will have sensitivity to certain loud noises, textures, objects or might be uncomfortable performing in front of groups of people. Never force someone to participate or threaten that they will not earn a prize if they dont.
Remember, they are there to have fun!
Recommended Reading: Birthday Party Planning Checklist Template Free
Best Party Games For Kids
Awesome decorations and birthday cakes on fine dessert tables will delight young party guestsfor a little whilebut great kids party games will get everyone involved in playing together, laughing, and really having fun.
This collection of 50 fun party game ideas lists a variety of activities for ages ranging from young kids to young adults. Some are strictly for outside, some for inside, but all are for good times.Since you cant predict group dynamics, be sure to have more activities planned than you think youll have time forkeep the party energy stoked.
More Excellent Party Ideas For 8
Like this? Share it with your network!
Like this? Share it with your network!
Need some inspiration for excellent party ideas for 8-12 year olds ? This age can be tricky, your child may just want a small group of close friends or may still want everyone in the class! So we have 10 More Excellent Party Ideas for 8-12 year oldsSure to Delight no matter how many guests they wish to have.
Sign up for our free Newsletter and join us on our page and follow us on , , and .
You May Like: Fun Places To Go In Nyc For Your Birthday
Shopping Trip With Friends
If your child just wants a few friends to celebrate their birthday with you could take them on a shopping trip and out for their lunch. To add to the excitement you could travel with your group to another town on the train or bus and give each child a small allowance for the trip.
Take them out for a treat lunch and if they are old enough, you could let them sit at a table on their own.
You May Also Enjoy: 30 Of the Most Entertaining Car Ride Games to Play with Kids age 8-12 Years
Carry The Marbles With A Spoon
Who said birthday party games cannot be developmental? This one is a game that ensures improved body balance and focus for kids. Sounds promising, no?
How to play?
- Keep a large bowl full of marbles at one end of the room and an empty bowl of the same size at the other end.
- While holding a spoon in their mouth, kids have to carry marbles on the spoon from one bowl to the other.
- The child to carry the most number of marbles wins.
For toddlers too young to balance or understand the competitive aspect of the game, just carrying the marbles from one end to another speaks fun!
Don’t Miss: Donny Osmond Singing Happy Birthday
Ridiculous Racing Games For 8 Years Of Age
Divide party visitors into groups of 2 or more for these games.
Variants of the races:
- Holding a balloon in between the heads of 2 game member
- Holding balloons in between knees
- Stabilizing a book or other thing on their head
- Leaping rope and singing a nursery rhyme or happy birthday while they leap
- Stabilizing a little ball on the top of their feet
Water Relay Games For Age 8 Years Of Age
Groups need to move water from one side of the playing field to the other utilizing spoons, sponges or cups with holes in the bottom. Great for summer season celebrations since everybody gets damp! Set out a big tub filled with water at the back of the field and 2 smaller sized containers that are equivalent in size beside the groups beginning point. Kids go to the tub, get water and bring it to fill their container.
For some delicious food options, follow the link.
You May Like: Indoor Birthday Party Places For Kids
Indoor Activity #1: Play Indoor Hopscotch
Prep Time: 20-30 minutesEntertainment Time: 30-60 minutesWhat Youll Need:
- Several empty pizza boxes or large cardboard cut into at least 9 12 x 12 squares and one semicircle OR several rolls of removable tape
- Acrylic craft paints, colorful tape, or construction paper
- Glue sticks
- Puffy paints
- A few bean bags.
One of the great things about turning a classic playground activity into a birthday party game for kids is that prepping it can be part of the fun. Kids can decorate squares from empty pizza boxes with hopscotch numbers using paints . If youre worried about slipping and sliding on the rug, a few lines of puffy paint applied to the bottom of the squares should do the trick. Once youve prepped your squares, arrange them on the floor, and get hopping. Quick Version: Just tape off nine rectangles using tape on the floor to outline each square and use tape to write out the numbers on each square as well.
Treasure Or Scavenger Hunt
These hunts are fun and easy to adapt to any partys theme and to the ages of the guests. The difference between a treasure hunt and a scavenger hunt is simple. In a treasure hunt, you would sketch out a simple map and give kids pictures of the treasures to be found along the route. Along with each clue they find, there will be a small reward. If youre having a pirate-themed party, then clues could be chocolate coins, with a treasure chest of prizes at the end. For a scavenger hunt, you would give the children a list of specific items to find in a defined area. The child that finds all of the items first, wins. Lists of items to hunt can include things in nature, shops and food at the mall or items that relate to specific letters. You can send kids off in small groups with an adult chaperone if they are in public places.
Recommended Reading: Dog First Birthday Gift Ideas
The Chocolate Eating Game
This game is great for kids from six years old upwards. You will need a large bar of chocolate, a knife and fork, a scarf, hat and gloves. Oversized hats and gloves work super well for extra laughs.
Get the children to sit around a plate with the large bar of chocolate on it. Each child takes their turn to roll a die until someone rolls a six. The child who rolls a six then has to put on the hat, scarf and gloves and start to cut and eat the chocolate using the knife and fork.
The other children continue rolling the die until another six is rolled. At that point, the child-eating the chocolate must stop eating. Now its the turn of the new six roller to don the hat, scarf and gloves and start eating. The game ends when the whole bar of chocolate has been eaten. And thats when the real fun starts for the party host as the sugar rush hits!!!!!
Preschooler Party Games: Fun Games For Three Year Olds To Five Year Olds
Preschooler attention spans still arent very long so it is wise to keep games short, simple and focused on the whole group of party guests.
They also cant cope with too many competition games with winners and losers, so its good to play games where everyone has a chance to win or simply enjoy taking part.
All this said, three, four and five year olds are capable of increasing amounts of cooperative play, so they are capable of enjoying a wider range of games than toddlers.
Heres a list of simple games to play with kids aged three to five. All these games work equally well for indoor parties at home, parties at a venue or summer outdoor parties.
Read Also: How To Surprise Someone On Their Birthday
Indoor Activity #: The Floor Is Lava
Prep Time: 5 minutesHours of Entertainment: 30 minutesWhat Youll Need:
The floor is lava is an exciting game yet, simple game and you wouldnt need to spend a lot of time prepping for this. Your kids should imagine the floor is lava, the move around only using the pieces of cushion youve placed on the floor.
Our Favorite Birthday Party Games For 10
Inside: Our Favorite Birthday Party Games for 10-Year-Olds.
There is nothing better than seeing your kids laughing and playing with their friends especially in the digital age we live in, with many tweens and teens spending so much time on their phones and other electronic devices.
I am sure you will agree that there is no better time to get them off the screens and having fun together than a birthday party filled with laughter and forever memories.
Here is a list of our favorite Birthday Party Games for 10-Year-Olds!
Recommended Reading: 30th Birthday Celebration Ideas For Him
Art Birthday Party Theme
This will be suitable for the kids who love to draw and paint. Luckily for the parents, many kids enjoy being crafty at that age. I suggest you get some ready-made baking goods, whether it is a sponge cake a breadsticks, and let your kids go wild on decorating them. You can also get dome printables and real paints, maybe even canvas if they are cheap, and give your kids a task to draw something. In the end, everybody gets a prize.
Other Creative & Fun Party Games To Play At Kids Birthdays
Here are other cool games to play at parties:
- Toilet Paper MummyHave teams wrap one person up in toilet paper and decorate, or use up the entire roll before any other team.
- Wrap the PresentPlayed the same way as the Mummy game, but use wrapping paper instead!
- Eat the Donut from the Stringthis is delicious for all ages, but young kids might need an adult to hold the donut steady.
- Fishing for prizeseither in a kiddie pool or box, or throw the line over a chair or hidden area where an adult attaches a small prize or other treasure with a clothespin.
- Fishing for Duckies.
- Bean Bag Toss or CornholeNo board? No Problem! Toss the bean bags or other objects into a bucket or basket.
- Freeze Dance
- Potato Sack Racepillowcases work great for kids!
- Three Legged Raceuse a bandana to tie a pair of participants legs together and have them work together to cross the finish line.
- Broom Hockey RaceUse a broom to push a pumpkin across a line for Cinderella or princess themed party)
- Hide and Go Seek
Recommended Reading: Does Forever 21 Have Birthday Discounts