Pottery Paint Store Party
- Another trend that is popping up in big and small towns around the US are pottery painting places.
- These little shops have been around for over 10 years now but provide a great environment for crafty fun that someone else gets to clean up.
- How to Book a Party: Google Pottery Painting Studio in your area and reach out to them for more information.
Throw A Memorable Bash With These Clever Cost
Want to throw your child an awesome celebration without breaking the bank? A fun celebration doesn’t need to cost a pretty penny. We’ve got you covered with some great tips to host a great party to celebrate your child’s growth! Here are our best tips for sticking to a budget at your next kids’ birthday party.
Ring Out The Last Night Of That Age
Rachel Faucett, founder of Handmade Charlotte, holds a celebratory dinner the night before one of her five kids turns a year older, and the family shares memories of that child from the past year. Says Faucett, Its nice for the birthday kid to get special attention thats not about presents but just about the accomplishment of another year.
Read Also: Catholic Birthday Prayer For A Friend
Let Your Child Decide
What does your son or daughter want to do for their birthday? Just ask. They may surprise you and say they would just like to spend the day playing with you. If your kid is stumped, help make a list and talk about the many fun things you can do together to celebrate the birthday. In the end, let your child make the decision.
Start A Birthday Tradition
There are so many different types of birthday traditions you can start on a first birthday.
Here are some ideas:
- Do a handprint or footprint: Heres a baby handprint kit that takes your babys handprint or footprint WITHOUT the ink touching the skin! Theres no mess! Its a fun keepsake for the future!
- : A similar idea is to mark your 1 year olds height on a growth chart like this one. This birthday tradition is so simple and easy!
- Plant seeds: Planting a seed every year on his or her birthday teaches your little one about the growth process. They are exposed to concepts like patience and responsibility .
- Volunteer: What better day than a birthday to teach your child about the importance of giving and helping others. Youll hammer in the value that even though its your birthday, it doesnt mean you should stop doing selfless actions and trying to make the community a better place. While it can be an organized event like volunteering at a soup kitchen, you can also do something really simple like helping a neighbor pick up sticks or leaves in their backyard.
Read Also: Girl 8 Birthday Party Ideas
Add To My Planner 211
Celebrating your childs birthday during stay at home orders or having a birthday during social distancing can be a big disappointment for children of all ages. Weve come up with a list of 25 ways to celebrate the little ones in your life when they hit milestones. In our current world of social distancing and isolation you can still celebrate birthdays in big ways and even get your family and friends involved.
Go On A Scavenger Hunt
If you have multiple kids and adults in the family, Gill suggests dividing into two teams, each with at least one adult. Then set out to snap photos of a list of itemsthe prettiest flower, someone walking a dog, the number of the birthday childs agewithin a specified time limit. The team with the most finds wins, and the birthday child gets to bestow the prize.
Also Check: Where To Take 11 Year Old For Birthday
Where To Take Kids For Their Birthday
If you have decided to have a special outing instead of a birthday party, the good news is that there are tons of kid friendly places to take your child on their special day. These birthday celebration ideas wont make you or your kid feel like they missed out anything by skipping the party!
Some suggestions include:
Indoor play area- We have one of these locally called Play Street Museum. My one year old loves it there! Perfect option if you are celebrating a first birthday or birthday for a younger child
Build A Bear
What Are Some Kids Birthday Party Ideas At Home
If you are looking for indoor parties, a musical party or fancy dress would be best for your child.
Another plus, you can bring them their favorite stuffed toy along with their favorite cake and candies.
Mo Mulla is a work from home dad who enjoys reading and listening to music, He loves being a dad and husband to a growing family. He also loves writing about his passions and hopes to change the world, 1 blog post at a time!
A safe space for women to meet and find support!
The Mothers Community is a place to connect with women who are at a similar stages in lifefrom fertility, pregnancy and motherhood through to menopause.
Join a community who are there to listen, share information and offer valuable advice. Join Community
Take matters into your own hands! Expert advice for Fertility, Pregnancy and Motherhood! Discover More Here
You May Like: Birthday Party Invitations With Photo
Alternative Party Bag And Favour Ideas For Kids
With a huge focus on how we can all reduce the amount of stuff we waste, particularly single-use plastic, I think it really is time to say goodbye to stuffing kids party bags with junk, and instead, putting a few well-chosen items into a party bag or giving out a single party favour instead.
Ive noticed a growing trend for giving a single party favour as an alternative to filled party bags.
The kids I know, including my daughter, absolutely love it when they receive a really thoughtful party gift. Craft activities also make great party favours!
Take a look at my list of ideas to help you plan how to fill party bags or give great party favours.
Then scroll on down to other lists Ive created that give you some great ideas for alternative party bag fillers by age group, from two year olds, three year olds, four year olds, five year olds, six year olds, seven year olds, eight year olds, nine year olds and ten year olds.
Oh and you can now , where you can make sure to tick off party bag favours!
A lot of these ideas could also work for prizes for kids party games.
Small Outdoor Birthday Party Ideas
1. Make a splash! Get out the blow-up pool, blow up the beach balls, and make your own beach party! Water table activities and sandbox fun will round out your little luau. Dont forget the ice cream cones!
2. Create a backyard carnival. Set up stations for face-painting, plastic bottle ring-toss or corn hole, temporary tattoos, and lawn games like croquet or DIY mini golf . Added bonus: Find a brave adult who is willing to take a few whipped-cream pies to the face!
Small Indoor Birthday Party Ideas
3. Turning three? Have tea. Never underestimate the power of a dress-up tea party: Have each child bring a favorite doll or stuffed critter as a date. Head to the dollar store and grab some dress-up jewelry , make herbal tea cooled with frozen fruit, and offer plenty of finger sandwiches and cakes.
4. Party with some popcorn and a movie. Throw a movie party with silly costumes so kids can act out their own stories after the showing. While blockbusters are a perennial party-theme favorite, why not try and break the mold with a lesser known film?
5. Bring the love…the puppy love. If youve got a toddler who holds a fondness for furry friends, make your own pet adoption shelter and play veterinarian! Head to the thrift store for gently loved stuffies, have a pet adoption area and check-up area , and even offer each guest a certificate of adoption for each new pet they get to bring home.
Also Check: Happy Birthday Wishes For Her
+ Happy Birthday Cakes For 4 Year Olds Designs & Images
Birthday Cakes for 4 Year Olds Fourth birthday cake is a very important cake for every child. It is the cake that they celebrate their fourth birthday with. It is a very special cake and should be decorated accordingly.
There are many different ways to decorate a fourth birthday cake. You can use any color scheme that you want, and you can use any type of decoration that you want. Some popular ideas for fourth birthday cakes include using rainbow colors, using flowers, or using characters from popular childrens movies.
When it comes to choosing a flavor for the cake, you have many different options. You can choose a traditional flavor like vanilla or chocolate, or you can choose something more unique like strawberry or lemon. No matter what flavor you choose, make sure that it is a cake that the child will enjoy.
Once you have chosen a flavor and a decoration for the cake, it is time to start baking. Be sure to follow the recipe closely so that the cake turns out correctly. If you are not an experienced baker, it might be a good idea to ask someone else to help you bake the cake.
Once the cake is finished, it is time to decorate it. Use frosting or icing to make it look nice, and be sure to add any extra decorations that you want. You can use candles or other treats to top off the cake.
When the cake is finished, it will be ready to serve. Make sure that you have enough plates and forks for everyone.
Craft Store Birthday Party
- This is one of my favorite birthday party place because Im a crafty gal.
- Many local craft stores have classrooms for craft classes but you can also often rent these rooms for parties.
- In fact, Michaels craft stores offer some really fun party packs at their store locations.
- How to Book a Party: You can read more here about Birthday Parties at Micheals.
Recommended Reading: Twin Boy First Birthday Invitations
Birthday Parties Are Overrated
Nowadays, kids birthday parties are no longer completely about them. Some people make it a way to conduct business and tighten connections. Kids birthday parties today have become more of keeping up with everyone else who is invited to the party.
Almost every parent today is trying to be on top by throwing crazy birthday parties. But the thing is, showing your child how much you love him and how much he matters to you does not necessarily mean that you have to throw him extravagant parties. Your child does not actually care about the Instagram-worthy cake or fancy decor. After all, what they only want is to have fun. Taking pictures isnt all fun for your child.
Birthdays today tend to focus more on getting perfect shots for Facebook or Instagram that the true reason why the party happened in the first place is forgotten.
Have Simple Baby Birthday Decorations
Just because youre not having a party doesnt mean you cant put up simple decorations to get the family in a festive mood!
For example, you can put up a colorful happy birthday banner.
This is a great decoration because its REUSABLE! Its gender neutral and appropriate for any age. You can use it for your babys first birthday and any other family members upcoming birthday.
If youre looking for something more classic, this burlap birthday banner has a nice rustic look.
To add to the festivities, you can get a cheap pack of 100 balloons. Blow up 6 of them to use on both sides of the birthday banner!
You can save the other balloons for the next party!
You can also blow up 5 more. Put them in your babys crib and let him or her run around supervised of course. It could make for some fun photos!
Recommended Reading: 60 Flowers For 60th Birthday
Go To A Childrens Museum
I love how visiting the childrens museum provides so many learning opportunities for a baby on his or her first birthday.
We went to our local Science World with my daughter when she was 1 and she loved it! They had a baby area with sensory activities. We also just went from exhibit to exhibit and saw a show. You could see how it was stimulating her curiosity and development.
How To Plan A 5th Birthday Party
With a themed party, the world is your oyster! Five-year-olds are little bundles of energy and can be quite excitable, so, play games which are easy to set up and simple to play. Here are some of our top tips for maximum birthday fun:
-Prep all the games before the little revellers arrive.
-Complicated rules just confuse, so keep it simple and fun.
-Hire a community hall or go to a park if you don’t have enough space.
-Draw up a realistic guest list. It isn’t always possible to invite the whole class, so stick to a manageable number.
-Make sure there are activities which entertain all kinds of children.
Ready to begin? Here are some birthday party ideas to amuse and amaze!
Don’t Miss: Return Gifts For Teenage Birthday Party
Celebrate At The Park Or Beach
Going to the park, splash pad or beach might seem like an everyday event and not for first birthdays.
You can pack a lunch and birthday cupcakes, roll out the picnic blanket or a pop-up tent to provide shade for your 1 year old.
Be sure to bring some outdoor toys like bubble wands.
You can also kick around a beach ball. You can inflate it when you get to the park or beach to save packing space.
If youre going to a beach, bring out the beach toys!
This set includes a bucket, shovels, sifters, animal and castle molds! It also comes with a bag for storage.
Whenever youre outdoors, its also just a good opportunity for your baby to learn about the outside surroundings and get some exercise! You can point out simple things in nature like different trees, leaves, rocks and animals.
If you bring along plastic containers, you can store all of your 1 year olds treasures like favorite rocks, leaves and seashells in a bag.
If you have a wagon, you can push your baby around the park or beach on one. I found this is a quick way to change the mood when your boy or girl is starting to get bored and fussy.
Bath Bomb And Cosmetic Making
If you want fun party ideas for teenagers, not many would turn down the chance to make a deliciously scented bath bomb or some other cosmetic goodies. Lush is the shop for organised parties, but if they are not available by the birthday party date, you have some other options. You can find a party provider who can supply everything you need , or you can buy some kits that contain all you need. Alternatively, look no further for safe recipes for bath bombs and edible face masks! Decorate the party room with plenty of colourful and fun streamers, or combine with a spa night for the ultimate in relaxation.
You May Like: Laser Tag Birthday Party Miami
What Does Baby Want
Everyone has a different tolerance for party planning, and when it comes to potential for stressful logistics, kids’ parties rank second only to weddings. Still, some of us thrive on it: We love big affairs with lots of people. Others want only a handful of guests, thank you very much.
Many kids are adaptable and will roll with whatever celebration you put on, as long as they get parental attention and some semblance of a normal routine . But you know your own childadjust the level of hoopla to whatever you think he can handle.
And we’re not going to lie: Anything you do will require some work. Just sharing cake with your 1-year-old is a messbut fun! And that’s what it’s all about, providing everyone but mostly you and your childwith a good time. We’ve rounded up ideas to help you enjoy the day.
Spend The Night In A Hotel
Grab some clothes and head to a hotel for the night. Make the celebration one they’ll always remember while keeping it on budget. Try the name your own price options that let you decide what you want to pay for the room. The downside is, you don’t get to choose the hotel where you want to stay. But you can select the quality, location, and price, which could work out perfectly for one night away.
Recommended Reading: Things To Do For Your 13th Birthday
Throw A Quickie Breakfast Bash
We take this very seriously in our house, says Faucett. I hang up piñatas and balloons, we blast music and eat pizza and ice cream for breakfast, and the siblings give the birthday child his presents. The whole thing takes maybe a total of 20 minutes, but its such an awesome way to start the day.
Simple First Birthday Ideas
After my daughters 1st birthday, I wrote this post on how to host your babys first birthday party on a budget.
While it was a fun and memorable party, Ive been thinking about how with my second child, I will probably go even simpler and not even have a party.
Itll be fun to make it a little bit different than with our first. Other reasons we want to keep it simple are:
- My 1 year old will likely not remember any of it anyways.
- Ill save even more money than with my first childs budget birthday party. I can use that money towards more important expenses like my childrens food and education.
- A first birthday party is a lot of work with all of the cooking and cleaning involved. Having no party is so simple and easy!
- You can spend the time just focusing on having fun memories with your loved ones.
How do you celebrate your babys first birthday without a party?
Here are simple first birthday ideas if youre wondering what to do instead of having a birthday party.
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning if you make a purchase, I may earn a small commission, at no cost to you. Please read the disclosure for more information.
Recommended Reading: Gluten Free Birthday Gift Baskets