Best 2 Year Old Birthday Party Ideas Of 2021
Best 2 Year Old Birthday Party Ideas: The best ideas in photos and images of 2 years birthday, 2 years themed birthday, 2 years old decoration, party themes for 2-year-old boy, 2 years old birthday decoration girl, 2 years old birthday reasons male, 2 years old birthday ideas baby girl, 2-year-old girl birthday themes, 2-year-old girl birthday reasons.
Rainbow Theme Birthday Party
What toddler would not love to see an effusion of color? Rainbows are a simple and effective way to get the celebration going. By following the color sequence acronym ROYGBIV , you can create a color scheme for everything from bright balloons to sparkling streamers. Jumbo crayons make great party favors, and don’t forget the colorful candles and sprinkles for the cupcakes.
Reducing Party Costs: Frugal Party Pleasers
Reduce your party costs drastically by setting a budget and sticking to it and using items you already have on hand.
Balloons are a fun and inexpensive decoration. But take care that too many balloons on the floor leads to loud popping and overstimulation. Be mindful this may be upsetting to young toddlers.
Also Check: Birthday Cake In A Mug Gift
Stuffed Animal Surprise Party
Toddlers have a special affinity for their teddy bears. So why not throw a party with cuddly surprises at every turn? In addition to traditional teddy bears, other stuffed animal ideas include fluffy bunnies, furry lions, fun giraffes, and even stuffed dinosaurs. With endless opportunities ranging from giant stuffed animals for seating to a zebra-striped birthday cake, this party is just as delightful as a day at the petting zoo.
Messy Outdoor Birthday Party Ideas
For outdoor activities in sunny weather, prep ahead of time by stocking up on old towels and asking parents to dress their kids in old clothes or bathing suits for the party. Afterward , set up the sprinkler and let them run through it a few times to get clean.
1. Go wild, Jackson Pollock-style! Put out old sheets or butcher paper on the lawn or driveway or in the garage, buckets of washable paint, and let children have at it Jackson Pollock-style. Bonus points: Dump warm spaghetti in the paint bucketsit splatters beautifully when thrown.
2. Just add water. Two more versions of the wild paint party are to fill water balloons with diluted non-toxic paint and throw them at a sheet, or freeze non-toxic watercolors in ice cube trays and let them paint with the melting cubes. Write a happy birthday message for the honoree with fabric pens.
3. Make a giant mud pie. Fill the kiddie pool with potting soil and water for a good old-fashioned mud pit. Provide some old pie and muffin tins for making that kid-classic: the mud pie. Let the birthday kid blow out the candles on that cake, too!
Messy Indoor Birthday Party Ideas
4. Take a spin!
5. Plane-apalooza! Make paper airplanes out of various papers and materials like printer paper, aluminum foil, and origami paper, and then stage flying contests. You can also build bigger versions of planes out of cardboard or shoe boxes, and decorate them with stickers.
Downsize the Guest List
You May Like: Things To Do At An Adults Birthday Party
Small Outdoor Birthday Party Ideas
1. Make a splash! Get out the blow-up pool, blow up the beach balls, and make your own beach party! Water table activities and sandbox fun will round out your little luau. Dont forget the ice cream cones!
2. Create a backyard carnival. Set up stations for face-painting, plastic bottle ring-toss or corn hole, temporary tattoos, and lawn games like croquet or DIY mini golf . Added bonus: Find a brave adult who is willing to take a few whipped-cream pies to the face!
Small Indoor Birthday Party Ideas
3. Turning three? Have tea. Never underestimate the power of a dress-up tea party: Have each child bring a favorite doll or stuffed critter as a date. Head to the dollar store and grab some dress-up jewelry , make herbal tea cooled with frozen fruit, and offer plenty of finger sandwiches and cakes.
4. Party with some popcorn and a movie. Throw a movie party with silly costumes so kids can act out their own stories after the showing. While blockbusters are a perennial party-theme favorite, why not try and break the mold with a lesser known film?
5. Bring the love…the puppy love. If youve got a toddler who holds a fondness for furry friends, make your own pet adoption shelter and play veterinarian! Head to the thrift store for gently loved stuffies, have a pet adoption area and check-up area , and even offer each guest a certificate of adoption for each new pet they get to bring home.
Yogurt Or Sweets Shop Party
- For my twins first birthday party, I wanted to do something fun, special and simple for them.
- While walking around in my local downtown I found a cute little sweets shop that had a self-serve frozen yogurt bar, popcorn bar or cupcakes.
- I called them up and asked about having a small party there and they were most accommodating.
- The best part is that unlike other yogurt stores, the prices were flat based on the cup size instead of being weighed. It made checkout very easy. Each guest got their order and the gals at the register kept a list of who had chosen what.
- At the end of the party, I only spent $105.00 on all my guests to hang out in a nice, intimate location and enjoy a simple treat on us.
- How to Book a Party: The best way to move forward is to locate a sweets or yogurt shop and find out about what party options they have or ways you can make your party work there.
- Doing a quick Google search should let you know if there are any local science centers in your area. These places may be big or small but they offer tons of awesome hands-on science activities and usually have large climb and play structures for kids.
- How to Find a Science Center: You can use this Find a Science Center Search from the Association of Science-Technology Centers to find all the options near where you live.
Also Check: Create A Birthday Gift Certificate
Take Advantage Of Seasonal Events & Festivals
- Depending on when your child has a birthday, there may be some super unique seasonal festivities that you could take your group to that would be fun, special or outside the box because they are seasonal. Check your local towns calendar of events.
- Consider calling and asking about group rates or party pricing.
- Here are some examples of seasonal style events:
- Corn Maze
What Should I Get My 2 Year Old For Her Birthday
3.9/520 Top Gifts & Toys for 2 Year Old Girls
- Wooden Shape Sorter for a Birthday Gift.
- ALEX Button Art Set for Creative Little Girls.
- VTech Touch & Teach Word Book for Girls.
- VTech Count and Learn Alphabet Bus.
- Melissa & Doug Monster Plush Bowling Game.
- 14 Keys Piano Toy Set.
- Zoo Animal Backpack.
Also to know is, what is a good gift for a 2 year old?
24 Best Toys and Gifts for 2-Year-Olds, According to Parents and Parenting Experts
- Fine Motor Skills Toy. Stacking Peg Board Set.
- 2019 Toy Award Winner.
- 4 Radio Flyer Scoot About Sport.
- 5 Toy Dyson Ball Vacuum.
- 6 Fruit & Vegetable Play Set.
- Counting Toy.
- Memory and Sequencing Toy.
Furthermore, what should I do for my 2nd birthday? Here are 15 brilliant 2-year-old birthday party ideas.
- Petting zoo. âA petting zoo is always a huge crowd favorite with this age group,â says Tolley.
- Bounce house.
Also, what is the best gift for 2 years old girl?
Top 30 Best Toys and Gift Ideas for 2 Year-Old-Girls in 2020
- VTech Little Apps Tablet.
- Disney Moana 14â Adventure Doll.
- Step2 Playhouse Neat and Tidy Cottage.
- Little Tikes Spiralin’ Seas Waterpark Play Table.
- VTech Doc McStuffins Talk & Trace Clipboard.
- Think Fun Roll & Play Game.
What do you get a 2 year old for her birthday UK?
Here is our pick of the best toys for 2-year-olds:
You May Like: Fun Cheap Birthday Party Ideas
Theme Park Or Water Park Party
- If you live in a town with a big or small theme park, consider hosting a party there for the day. Due to ticket prices, you may not be able to take your kids whole baseball team, but you may be able to make a special day with a few good friends.
- How to Book a Party: Call and ask about group rate discounts or party options.
Second Birthday Party Entertainment
Entertainment for a second birthday party usually comes in two forms:
- An activity at one of the fun stations
- Performance entertainment for the entire group
Activity station ideas for a second birthday party may include the following:
- Small bounce house
- Face-painting station
- Balloon artist station
- Outdoor chalk and mini chalkboards
- Plastic balls
- Sandcastle station
For whatever type of stations you chose, make sure there are at least two adults in charge .
Examples of performance entertainment include the following:
- Puppet Show
Also Check: Gift For Wife On Her Birthday
Is Cash A Good Birthday Gift
Numerous occasions can be handled quite effectively with a cash gift. There is a vast array of options that are suitable for newlyweds, graduates, or even birthdays from a money fund. Make sure that cash will not be part of the celebration, whether it is for a retirement party, baby shower, or wedding anniversary.
Under The Sea Birthday Party
Adventures await your toddler with this nautical theme. Whether your little one is the captain of a ship or prefers to dress up as a mermaid in an underwater kingdom, the visual opportunities are endless for this celebration. Deck the venue with blue balloons and treats shaped like everything from seahorses to clown fish. And a treasure chest is a great way to break out the presents!
Don’t Miss: Noodles And Company Birthday Reward
Village Tree House Hoboken
Village Tree House features a rock wall, rope swing, Pikler triangle, and more. Parties start at $350 for the DIY package, where the birthday party hosts are responsible for food, decorations, and favors, but you can also choose party packages with all the bells and whistles like a bubble machine, a balloon arch, food, party favors, themed decorations, and more.
What To Gift Your Toddler On His Second Birthday
A two-year-old may not be much aware of materialistic things and may not demand a gift. However, as parents, you always have the wish to gift something nice to your little one. Here is a list of few gift items that you may gift your little one.
- You can gift your little one a tricycle as it will help your 2-year-old to learn the first lesson in cycling.
- If you have a girl, you can buy a kitchen set for her.
- Books are ideal gifts for every child.
- A sand toy set as a gift will be of great use during beach trips.
- You can also buy toy vehicles like a bus, tractor, car etc.
Try out these awesome ideas for your 2-year-olds birthday party and see the little ones and adults alike, have a blast.
Dont Grow Up Too Fast
Another great idea from Mom-o-party is a Dont Grow Up Too Fast theme, which likely describes how you feel about your child now that theyre turning two. This is a great option for kids who love all things cars. Source décor that will make guests feel as though theyre at an F1 race. You can send children home with goodie bags featuring their own toy cars.
Read Also: Tarte Lip Paint Birthday Suit
What Time Should A 2 Year Old Birthday Be
A good time to hold a baby or toddler party is usually 10:00am to 11:00am. As long as it has enough free play and cake, this is a great way to spend your day. When children are older, parties generally last from 1:30pm to 3:00pm or from 2:00pm to 4:00pm. The time you spend playing games, eating snacks, and cake is well spent.
Also Check: Birthday Party Ideas For Adults In Phoenix
My Little Adventures Cherry Hill
Bring the food, and come for the fun! Just pick a party theme like Frozen, Sesame Street, princesses, tractors, or animals, and let MLA take care of the rest. Party planners handle the decorations, theme-related music, theme-related activities, and a special dance in the Disco Ball Bubble Dance room!
What Foods Should Not Be Fed To Toddlers
It is important to avoid foods that may cause choking:
- Slippery foods such as whole grapes large pieces of meats, poultry, and hot dogs candy and cough drops.
- Small, hard foods such as nuts, seeds, popcorn, chips, pretzels, raw carrots, and raisins.
- Sticky foods such as peanut butter and marshmallows.
16 Cool Gifts for Kids That Have Everything
- Vapor Blaster. Chances are they don’t have a vapor blaster.
- Kooba Target Game. Older kids have never seen anything like this game before, and they’ll be glad you got it for them.
- Zipfy Mini Luge. Racing down a snowy slope is a lot of fun on this mini luge.
- Yikerz Magnetic Game.
- Best Overall: Melissa & Doug Deluxe Wooden ABC/123 Blocks Set.
- Best Budget: Melissa & Doug Stack and Sort Board.
- Best STEM: First Builders Big Building Bag.
- Best Reading: VTech Touch & Teach Word Book.
- Best Gross Motor: ECR4Kids SoftZone Climb and Crawl Activity Play Set.
Don’t Miss: Best Indoor Plants To Gift On Birthday
Two Years Old Birthday Party Food
Here are the best food options for two-year-old birthday parties. Its a good idea to check for allergies with the parents of other children attending your childs birthday party. This way, everyone can enjoy the yummy food on offer.
If you are planning on having a themed party, you can make your dishes to match. For example, for a fairytale party, you can make tiara shaped cookies, or little pumpkins out of peeled oranges. For a superhero party theme, you can make cupcakes with Batmans symbol or a fruit platter in the shape of Captain Americas shield. If your party is jungle-themed, you can have carrot and dip in the shape of a lion .
Finger food is a good idea for little two-year-olds that love to snack. It also saves you the hassle of preparing mass amounts of food as you can easily buy a lot of these from the store. Nuggets, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches , and fruit slices are yummy treats that little ones will enjoy. You can also make separate food for the adults to nibble on, like little quiches, bruschetta and carrot and celery sticks with hummus.
Parties arent complete without party favors for kids to take home. You can put fun activities like stickers, crayons, and coloring books inside these bags. Lots of sugar will be had at the party so you dont need to put sweets in the party favor bags, which also helps avoid any sugar crashes.
Its A Ball To Be Two / Turning 2 Is A Ball
Your guests cant help but have a ball at this unique ball-themed birthday bash. Stick with bright primary colors, and have plenty of bouncy balls for the toddlers to go wild with a ball pit would be especially fitting!
Read Also: Best Birthday Cakes In Queens
Beep Beep Coming Throughguess Whos Turning Two
If your child loves the Little Blue Truck books, theyll love to see Blue and his animal friends brought to life at this farmyard birthday celebration. And sending your little guests home with one of the books from the series as a party favor is just about as perfect as it gets.
Baby Shark Two Two Two Two
Dive in and get ready to have the now infamous Pink Fong song stuck in your head just replace those dos for twos! This theme lends itself to plenty of fun colors and underwater details that your little guests are sure to adore.
Also Check: Where To Have A 1 Year Old Birthday Party
Mad Science Of St Louis
Mad Science birthday parties entertain children ages 4-12 with exciting, high-energy, interactive shows that come to you. Children experience exciting demonstrations performed by one of our certified Mad Scientists and engage in hands-on experiments. The basic party is 45-60 minutes, but if you want to stretch your birthday stars smile to the max and further amaze your guests, consider adding one of our popular upgrades including a rocket launch, cotton candy, bubbling potions or static electricity. Its sure to make your childs next birthday party the best ever! Learn more at .