Birthday Party Ideas For Teens That They’ll Actually Like
Your big kid might not be into balloon animals and superheroes anymore, but birthdays are still a big deal for teens. Take off some of the pressure with one of these party ideas perfect for every type of teenager.
Ah, how simple birthdays were when your kid was little. As long as you invited their favorite people, blew up a few balloons, and provided a cake, they were happy. Sadly, though, those days are gone.
Now that your cute kid has turned into a teenager, they’re most likely a little harder to impress thanks to puberty, peer pressure, and probably TikTok if we had to guess. Add the fact that sharing your birthday party on Instagram is almost as important to teens as the party itself, and that amounts to a lot of pressure on party-planning parents. Desperate for some inspiration? Whether your kid is a foodie, an adrenaline junky, or shopaholic, these party ideasproven to have your teen smiling instead of rolling their eyesare a great place to start.
Cheap Birthday Party Ideas For Your Teenager In The Backyard
Your backyard can be an amazing venue for a fun teen birthday party. With some decorations and a creative theme, your teen will have so much fun being celebrated!
- Slip N Slide: If you have a hill in your yard, you can set up an epic water slide! One of our favorite ways to DIY a huge slide is using thick plastic sheeting from a home improvement store. Use garden stakes to hold the plastic down and keep the hose anchored at the top. You can also add foam or bubbles for extra fun.
- Beach Party: Set up small blow up pools for a pool party or just hook up the sprinkler. Pretend your at the beach or even throwing a luau party on a tropical island. Pick up some faux lays from the dollar store and some little unbrellas for a signature fruit punch.
- Outdoor Movie Party: Take your movie night to the next level by having an outdoor party on a blow-up screen! You can ask to borrow a screen and projector from a neighbor or rent one from a local company. If you have several kids, a $200 investment can get you your own screen and projector that you can use again and again. Set up a snack stand with sodas, popcorn, and other treats. Let the birthday kid choose the movie and have blankets, pillows, and camp chairs available.
- Backyard Roast Party: If you have a backyard firepit, you can purchase hotdogs and smore fixings. Have music playing and camp chairs available for a simple but fun celebration. Set up a photo booth and grab some inexpensive camping photo props to create memories.
What Should I Do For My Mother Daughter Day
After reading this list, what will you do for your mother daughter day? There are so many options its almost endless! The most important thing to remember is quality time will look different for every family. Just think about what is special to your little girl and do THAT.
Some children do not like getting their nails done. My daughter HATES getting pedicures. So, I would NEVER think to make my nail appointments with her because it would feel like a chore more than anything else. She is artistic and crafty. So, a great thing to do with my teenage girl would be a pottery class or a photography walk. Thats much more up her alley.
Customize the plan and mark it on your calendar. I cant wait to see what you come up with!
Don’t Miss: What To Do For Birthday In Orlando
Teen Birthday Party Ideas For Your Tween Or Teen Girls
1. is always a hit with the teens! Isnt this party just adorable!?
2. Have the kids make their own pizza! Girls love to cook so why not combine it with another fun activity!?
3. While an ice cream buffet is sure to be another hit!
4. Because the birthday girl is a bright star in your life. Throw an under the stars teen birthday party complete with star grazing and yummy treats!
5. A spa party would be the perfect fit for any tween girl!
6. I remember doing these scavenger hunts as a teen, here are some great tips on how to plan a successful one!
7. Nothing more fun than a backyard beach party! So many cute ways to turn your backyard into the perfect beach setting!
8. Wouldnt a cake decorating party be so much fun? Each girl gets their own cake to decorate!
9. Of course, a mall theme would be super fun! Here are some great tips on creating a Mall SWAG bag for your guests!
10. Have an amazing race party also a great way for the girls to interact and have a blast!
11. This neon glow in the dark party is a definite show stopper! How much fun would this be?
12. Fondue parties are fun for any age! Its always super fun to dip yummy food into yummy chocolate!
13. Is your girl a reading buff? Then, this Vintage Nancy Drew Mystery Party is so gorgeous! I think I want one for me!
14. Maybe you want to go all outthen how about a girls weekend at a hotel? All the food, snacks and swimming you can get!
15. However, dont just have any old pool party! Make it a safari pool party!
Th Birthday Ideas: Go To An Amusement Park
From roller coasters to water slides, games, and fair food, amusement parks are filled with exciting, fun activities that will make your 16th birthday unforgettable. Find an amusement park thats worthy of your sixteenth birthday celebration. Gather friends and family and enjoy turning 16 at a place designed for fun.
You May Like: Best Website For Birthday Invitations
Challenge Teens With An Escape Room
Escape rooms are becoming more and more popular and you can find options now in almost every city in the United States. The idea is that each room has a theme and a specific story and its up to the people locked inside to solve the puzzles, find the clues, and get themselves out of the room within the timeframe given to them.
These rooms are fun for all ages but can be especially challenging for younger children. Teenagers will love the idea of having to escape and it will challenge them to use their brains and work together to get out. If you have a large group of kids, you can split them up into teams and make it a friendly competition to see which team does better.
Where To Celebrate A Teenagers Birthday
In recent years, new, unexpected options have appeared that make it enjoyable to celebrate an important date for any teenager. When planning to celebrate a birthday, remember: the most important thing is that this event is remembered for its positive emotions.
Young people prefer to relax actively therefore, the priority is the format in which the adult pastime and childrens pranks are organically combined: bowling, scooter, karaoke, water parks, laser paintball, entertainment centers, clubs, discos.
Do not forget that for a teenager, the criterion for a successful event, as a rule, is rave reviews from invited friends.
When planning to arrange a colorful holiday for a girl or boy, you can, of course, turn to event-industry professionals for help, but most parents are looking for more budget-friendly ways.
A good option for everyone whose holiday falls on the warm season a picnic in the country or nature. His entertainment program can be extremely diverse.
In addition to outdoor games, competitions, relay races, the program can include walking, songs with a guitar, gatherings around a fire. No one will be bored!
As a treat in marching conditions, with a bang! Shish kebabs will go, any food cooked on the grill.
Also Check: Good Humor Birthday Cake Ice Cream Bars
Smores And Hot Cocoa Bonfire Party
The great thing about teen birthday parties is that they dont have to be perfect to be amazing. A simple, yet fun idea for guys or girls is a smores and hot cocoa backyard party. Its not too stuffy or over the top . A few ideas:
- Make it cozy: Offer a few soft blankets for guests to wrap around their shoulders if it gets chilly.
- Offer all the fixings for amazing hot cocoa: Chocolate chips, peppermint, whipped cream and caramel bits are all great add-ins for amazing hot cocoa.
- Let guests make their own toasted marshmallows and smores.
- Add mood lighting: A few well-placed lanterns can add ambiance and mood lighting to enhance the party atmosphere.
- Food ideas: Keep things casual by serving easy finger foods/appetizers that teens love. Pizza, potato skins, hot mac n cheese in mugs, and a variety of chips and snacks will keep them happy!
Image Credit + More Ideas: Todays Creative Life
Night Games Party ~ The Crafting Chicks
No post on teenage birthday party ideas would be complete without mentioning night games! There are so many fun games to play and theres something about doing them in the dark that makes them extra fun. If you have chill neighbors and a good speaker, let them play one of their favorite playlists for all to hear outdoors during the games. Be sure to keep a cooler of drinks and some snacks out on a table!
Also Check: Birthday Gift Baskets For Him Same Day Delivery
Truth And Lie Party Game
Heres a twist to truth or dare.
Cards and pens
How to play:
- Take three cards and write truth on the back of two of them and lie on the other.
- You will first need three players to pick one of the three cards. Now, you will have to ask a crazy, fun question: Say, what was the craziest thing youve done? or Whos your latest crush?. Each player has to answer the question, where two will tell the truth and one will lie.
- The friends must try to find out which one among the three is lying. Everyone has to reach an agreement to point out one as the liar.
- If the liar is caught, he or she has to perform a dare. However, if the liar is let loose then he or she will get to pick anyone else to perform a dare. So much fun!
Make Your Own Pizza Night
What You Need: Pizza Dough, Toppings, Pizza Sauce, Cheese
Making pizza is a simple yet fun activity for people of all ages to do. It requires very little prep and outside resources as well. Though it can be messy, every kid will have fun personalizing their very own pizzas. Fresh pizza dough can be bought at almost any pizzeria to enhance your kids pizza making experience. It is a skill that your children and their guests can take with them throughout their entire lives because of its simplicity.
Don’t Miss: Best Place For 10 Year Old Birthday Party
Lets Make Some Great Art Book
In this interactive Lets Make Some Great Art Book, Marion Deuchars takes the broad canvas of ART and fills it with drawings and activities that let you discover what art can be, how it can be made, what it can mean for you and what it has meant for people through the ages.
This book is packed with stimulating ideas to spark your creative imagination. You can complete the Mona Lisas smile, or design your own Jackson Pollock-inspired work with a marble, a tray, some paint and paper.
+ Birthday Wishes For Teenagers
Birthday Wishes for Teenagers: A teenagers birthday is not a good opportunity to send them advice filled cards. Its better to show your happiness for a teenager and how proud you are of them. Remember when you were a teenager and all you wanted to do is what you wanted to do! Celebrate the teenager boy or the teenage girl on their birthday by one of our birthday wishes for teenagers.
Birthday messages for teenagers should be fun filled dont bore them with all the things they already know. Here are some wishes and greetings you can send to that special teenager telling them that you love them and that they are always in your thoughts.
- Happy Birthday to you! Enjoy your teenage years.
- Welcome to the teenage world! Happy Birthday, my little friend!
- Im proud of you, and you have to be proud of being an adolescent. Best wishes!
- Happy Birthday to the worlds best teenager my dear .
- Being a teenager is a gift, so enjoy this chapter completely because one day you will miss it. Happy Birthday!
- Smile its your teenage life. Happy Birthday, Kiddo!
- Best birthday greetings to a stubborn person in my life.
- From a naughty kid to a wise teenager! Thats a big step towards adulthood. Congratulations and best wishes!
- Every minute of your youth is precious, so dont waste one. Enjoy being a wonderful teenager.
- Congratulations on entering the teenage years, condolences on leaving the childhood.
Also Check: Best Way To Send Birthday Wishes Online
Pottery Paint Store Party
- Another trend that is popping up in big and small towns around the US are pottery painting places.
- These little shops have been around for over 10 years now but provide a great environment for crafty fun that someone else gets to clean up.
- How to Book a Party: Google Pottery Painting Studio in your area and reach out to them for more information.
Th Birthday Ideas: Plan An Epic Camping Trip Hike
Celebrate the fact youre only two years shy of adulthood with an epic camping trip. Invite all of your friends and family make it a weekend excursion, stay just for a night, or keep it as simple as a day hike. Find inspiration in these lists of the 28 Best Places To Pitch A Tent In The US and The Best Hiking Trails In The United States.
Recommended Reading: Birthday Wishes To My Girl Friend
Game Truck And Arcade Games
If your teen loves video games, you might also want to consider renting a game truck that they can enjoy with friends inside a truck with modern HDTVs and the latest games. Teens still can get enough of arcade games! If renting a game truck isnt an option, you can treat them to a day at a seaside town where they and friends can play arcade games and eat a delicious lunch.
Teenage Girl Birthday Party Ideas
There are many different ways to celebrate your teen daughters birthday without breaking the bank. Here are a few teen girl birthday party ideas to consider:
- DIY Spa Party: Pamper your teen and her guests with a spa themed party. You can purchase a set of inexpensive face masks, fancy hand cream and fingernail polish. Put on some music and have appetizers and fancy drinks available.
- Pajama Chick Flick Party: Put on some classic chick flicks and have a popcorn bar . Choose a chick flick from your own teenage years to make it extra unique.
- Makeup/Hair: If you or a neighbor are experts in hair or makeup, you can throw a party that will teach the girls basics.
- Painting Party: Purchase a set of inexpensive art canvases, some paint and find a artwork tutorial on YouTube for the girls to follow. They get to take home their own piece of art as a party favor!
- Favorite Things Party: Have every girl bring three of their favorite item that is under $5. Put everyones name in a basket three times and then go around the circle with each girl sharing what item she brought and why it is her favorite. Then the girl speaking draws three names from the bag and gives her item to each of them. Everyone will go home with three new favorites! Have some fun drinks and appetizers.
You May Like: The New York Times Ultimate Birthday Book
+ Cool Teen Boy Birthday Party Ideas
Inside: 27 Cool Teen Boy Birthday Party Ideas.
When they say kids grow up fast, they really do! Before you know it, your little boy is a teenager. Though they change, they may still want a birthday party, but with a teen twist.
As a teenager, throwing a birthday party can be difficult. You want to make sure that everyone you invite is having a good time, but you also want to pick a theme that you love. Help your child find the perfect solution and make their birthday party dreams come true.
Here are some of our favorite teen boy birthday party ideas to help get you thinking about their next birthday!
Birthday Party Ideas For Teen Girls
Celebrating a birthday is an exciting time for anyone, even teens! Though they may have outgrown themes of childhood or may not always want to hang with their parents, teenagers still want to have fun as they did as kids! But birthday party ideas for teen girls can be tricky! If you have a young lady in your life looking to celebrate her birthday, then keep reading! Here are some birthday party ideas for teen girls including some fun Sweet 16 options. Plus if you are looking for gift ideas for your teenage girl, check these out!
Read Also: Whole Foods Birthday Cake Prices