Pick A Birthday Party Theme
Further down you’ll find a complete list of all of the birthday party themes we’ve hosted over the year- and if you click through, you’ll find tons of details- ideas for invites, food, games, the cake, etc. But if you are finding this complete list of kids birthday party themes to be overwhelming try clicking through to the lists that are segmented by gender or age!
Alexandra Palace Ice Rinkfree
Treat your child to a cool birthday party at Alexandra Palace ice rink. Kids will enjoy a game and safety session on a private section of ice, before being let loose to skate during a public session. You can then relax in your own private area which boasts views of the rink. Aimed at six to 12 year-olds, parties cost from £15 per child.
For Kids Who Like Stem Projects: A Gravity
Science-minded kids ages 8 and up will go gaga over GraviTrax, a super cool kit that enables them to design and build their own marble runs. There are no electronics here, just plain old science in the form of gravity, magnetism, and kinetics. Kids will spend hours designing different track systems to discover which is the fastest. The starter kit includes over 100 pieces and 18 different construction elements, including junctions and a magnetic cannon. Additional add-on sets can be purchased to create even longer marble runs, and make great gifts for future birthdays and holidays.
Also Check: How To Set Up A Facebook Birthday Fundraiser
Where To Take Kids For Their Birthday
There are lots of special birthday ideasfor kids that involve an outing. You can find many options for fun little day trips or even a weekend outingto celebrate a birthday.
This is a great alternative to a traditional party! You can combine an outing with some of the other ideas and have a fun filled birthday weekend!
Prep The Games Ahead Of Time
As much as possible, organize, open, and prepare game materials for each game prior to the party starting. Give each game its own designated area .
Open any wrappers or remove any packaging that might be needed, and set up equipment that might be necessary.
You can hang up game posters, place markers on the floor, and other little steps to get the games ready without interfering with the rest of the party.
Read Also: Companies That Send Birthday Gifts
Yogurt Or Sweets Shop Party
- For my twins first birthday party, I wanted to do something fun, special and simple for them.
- While walking around in my local downtown I found a cute little sweets shop that had a self-serve frozen yogurt bar, popcorn bar or cupcakes.
- I called them up and asked about having a small party there and they were most accommodating.
- The best part is that unlike other yogurt stores, the prices were flat based on the cup size instead of being weighed. It made checkout very easy. Each guest got their order and the gals at the register kept a list of who had chosen what.
- At the end of the party, I only spent $105.00 on all my guests to hang out in a nice, intimate location and enjoy a simple treat on us.
- How to Book a Party: The best way to move forward is to locate a sweets or yogurt shop and find out about what party options they have or ways you can make your party work there.
- Doing a quick Google search should let you know if there are any local science centers in your area. These places may be big or small but they offer tons of awesome hands-on science activities and usually have large climb and play structures for kids.
- How to Find a Science Center: You can use this Find a Science Center Search from the Association of Science-Technology Centers to find all the options near where you live.
Go To A Sporting Venue
For the sports lover, take them out to the ballgame. Buy tickets to your child’s favorite sport for their birthday. If you can’t see the professional teams where you live or the tickets are too pricey, take them to a college or high school game. It’s all about the atmosphere and you can help root for the locals. If they’re a sports fan, there are plenty of sports-themed gift ideas to make the birthday even more special.
Read Also: Fun Places To Go To For Birthdays
Funny Birthday Wishes For Childrens 2022
Sometimes funny birthday wishes for kids works wonder to vanish the frowns on their faces and make them rejoice their special day. Here are few funny and cute birthday wishes for kids that you can send them to cheer them up.
You mayAlso Like Independence Day Wishes 2020
For Kids Who Love Nature: A Classic Pair Of Binoculars
Kids who are curious about birds, bees, and the natural world will appreciate the gift of a pair of binoculars designed just for them. These lightweight, colorful binoculars are easy for kids to use, and come with a neck strap so they won’t get dropped too often. Pair them with a bird sticker book and see how many feathered friends they can identify.
Recommended Reading: What To Do For My 24th Birthday
For Kids Who Are Beginning Builders: A Big Bag Of Giant Blocks
Building blocks are a great way to encourage small motor coordination, but classic wooden blocks can be heavy for little hands. Mega Blocks are made from colorful, lightweight plastic, and can be clicked together to build tall towers and other structures. This set includes 80 blockssome with curved shapesas well as a zippered bag for easy clean-up and storage.
Pottery Paint Store Party
- Another trend that is popping up in big and small towns around the US are pottery painting places.
- These little shops have been around for over 10 years now but provide a great environment for crafty fun that someone else gets to clean up.
- How to Book a Party: Google Pottery Painting Studio in your area and reach out to them for more information.
Read Also: Where To Go For Kids Birthday
For Toddlers Who Are Sporty: An Indoor Bowling Set
The long winter months can be torture for kids who prefer life on the sports field. Keep your tiny sports fan entertained during snow days with an Indoor Bowling Set. The pins and ball are made out of rubber, so you won’t have to suffer through the cacophony of crashing bowling pins, and it comes with a pin set-up template as well as a see-through plastic backpack so the game can easily be transported out to the lawn once the weather turns.
Just For Fun Party Games
10. Guess the Jellybeans: Before the party fill a large glass jar or clear plastic container with jellybeans or other small sweet, counting the number of sweets as you add them to the jar. Each party guest can make a guess as to how many jellybeans are in the jar include a simple record sheet for guests to write their guesses on. The guest with the closest guess wins the jar of sweets! Hot tip: Choose a colour or type of sweet/lolly that complements your party theme!
11. Hoop Pass: You will need two hula hoops for this game. Divide party guests into two teams, each with an equal number of players. Teams stand with team members lined up side by side, holding hands. Give the team member at the start of each line a hula hoop to hold in their free hand. On Go team members must pass the hoop over their bodies and along the line, without dropping hands . The first team to get their hoop to the end is the winning team!
13. Indoor Basketball: For this game youll need a bucket and a rolled up sock. Players take turns throwing the sock into the bucket. When a player scores, he or she takes a step back and throws again, repeating this action until they miss the bucket. The player who successfully shoots the sock into the bucket from farthest away is the winner.
For more Just For Fun! birthday party games ideas, check out our list of Classic Kids Party Games.
Also Check: Milk Bar Birthday Cake Class
What To Consider When Purchasing Gifts For Kids Ages 6
- Favorite activities:
Consider how your favorite 6 to 10 year old is spending her time. Does she love playing sports, making music, or inventing things?
- Developmental stage
Consider where your loved one is at developmentally. Is she immersed in imaginative play or is she looking for more ways to connect and play with other kids?
- How are their peers influencing them?
Is your nine-year-old into whats trending with friends or would he be more appreciative of a unique gift?
Play At The Amusement Park
A birthday will be one big thrill ride if you take your son or daughter to an amusement park. Many parks have perks you can buy in advance to save money, such as discount food, parking, and ticket packages. If your child has a birthday in the winter months, you can still visit the amusement parks or try an indoor water park. Even though some parks reduce their hours in the offseason, look at the schedule calendar online and you’ll often find open dates around the time schools are out for certain holidays.
You May Like: Birthday Party Venues Fort Myers Fl
Covid 19 Birthday Party Celebration Ideas
Its time to get creative and know that your kids will remember the fun, no matter what you end up doing. Someday soon well be back to having family and friends over for cake or celebrating with fun birthday parties in public spaces. For now, here are our favorite ways to celebrate birthdays at home.
Best Party Ideas For Boys
When youre planning a party for your birthday boy, there are tons of fun themes to choose from. From cars to dinosaurs to video games, no matter what your little man likes, decorating and finding fun activities is a no-brainer. Here are some great ideas for younger and older boys, though of course theres no age requirement!
Read Also: Two Year Old Boy Birthday Party Ideas
Fun Ways To Celebrate Your Kid’s Birthday Without A Party
The Spruce / Christopher Lee Foto
A recent survey found that families can spend upwards of $30,000 on their kids’ birthday party celebrations between the first and 21st birthdays. Throwing a birthday party can be a major source of stress and a major drain on the bank account for parents. You can still make your child’s birthday a memorable celebration without throwing a party. Suggest some of these ideas to your child for a fun and memorable birthday.
For A Cool Nerf Gun Alternative: Gel Blaster Surge
If your kid is already a fan of Nerf guns, they’ll absolutely flip for the new Gel Blaster Surge. Similar to a paint gunbut far less messythe Gel Blaster Surge shoots non-toxic, biodegradable gel pellets that evaporate on contact. The Gel Blaster comes with safety glasses, extra gel pellets, and accessories so kids can change the color of their gun from orange to blue. The Gel Blaster is insanely fun, but be warned: the pellets do sting if you get shot.
Read Also: Birthday Yard Signs Knoxville Tn
Small Outdoor Birthday Party Ideas
1. Make a splash! Get out the blow-up pool, blow up the beach balls, and make your own beach party! Water table activities and sandbox fun will round out your little luau. Dont forget the ice cream cones!
2. Create a backyard carnival. Set up stations for face-painting, plastic bottle ring-toss or corn hole, temporary tattoos, and lawn games like croquet or DIY mini golf . Added bonus: Find a brave adult who is willing to take a few whipped-cream pies to the face!
Small Indoor Birthday Party Ideas
3. Turning three? Have tea. Never underestimate the power of a dress-up tea party: Have each child bring a favorite doll or stuffed critter as a date. Head to the dollar store and grab some dress-up jewelry , make herbal tea cooled with frozen fruit, and offer plenty of finger sandwiches and cakes.
4. Party with some popcorn and a movie. Throw a movie party with silly costumes so kids can act out their own stories after the showing. While blockbusters are a perennial party-theme favorite, why not try and break the mold with a lesser known film?
5. Bring the love…the puppy love. If youve got a toddler who holds a fondness for furry friends, make your own pet adoption shelter and play veterinarian! Head to the thrift store for gently loved stuffies, have a pet adoption area and check-up area , and even offer each guest a certificate of adoption for each new pet they get to bring home.
Adapting Outdoor Activities To Indoor Games At The Last Minute
If the weather cooperates, then you can have some really fun and messy party games for kids birthdays outdoors. You can still have some wonderful games and even cater them to the indoors if the need arises.
Here are some ideas to modify games that are typically played outside to an indoor version:
Water Balloon Toss: If the weather doesnt cooperate for a water balloon toss outside, then cover balloons with shaving cream and have the group do this in an appropriate area of the house.
Relay Races: Kids love to pair up and run races, and you can add in obstacles and different paths for them. If the weather isnt working with you, then you can put together a hide and go seek version of this but have the kids work as teams.
Or create a shorter Relay in the living room, using kitchen objects to hold, balance, or stack other items.
You can also use solo cups to play stacking cups/ Speed Stacks and have kids form a line to make a relay out of it!
Coming up with birthday party games for kids can be all about creativity and you as the parent using a little bit of imagination!
Everyonefrom the littlest player to the oldestwill have a good time playing games as a group, and the birthday party is sure to be a hit!
Other Party Ideas Youll Love:
You May Like: Ben And Jerry’s Birthday Cake
For Kids Who Dream Of Stardom: Their Own Microphone
If the kid in your life dreams of one day performing on “America’s Got Talent,” why not encourage their aspirations with a wireless microphone? The Bonaok pairs wirelessly with Bluetooth so they can perform their best karaoke songs right at home. It also comes in a variety of bright and metallic hues so they can have one in their favorite color.
A Few Things To Consider
For younger children- do you need to invite the whole class? Maybe you can narrow down your guest list by only inviting members of the same gender .
Do you need to reciprocate birthday party invitations? In my opinion- no. Just because Sally had a huge party and invited the whole class, and your child attended, doesn’t mean you have to invite Sally if your child decides to host a smaller party.
You need to create a guest list that feels right-sized for your child and includes their closest circle of friends. And leaves you with a crowd-size that you feel equipped to handle
Also Check: Birthday Cake Delivery Provo Utah
For Kids Who Love To Build: A Toy With Endless Possibilities
Kids who love to build and create will love the ZOOB Mind-Building Modeling System. What sets ZOOBs apart from other building toys is that the pieces include gears, axels and joints that snap together, thereby enabling kids to move and rotate whatever it is that they build. ZOOBs have been a favorite toy in our house for years, and we’re planning to add to our collection this holiday season with a Creepy Glow Creatures add-on set.
Invitation Ideas For 10th Birthday Party
Kick off the thrill and fun a step ahead with some of these fabulous invitation ideas.
Read Also: Birthday Ideas In Omaha For Adults