December Birthday Party Ideas For 13 Year Old Girl
Thirteen-year-old girls are pretty easy to embarrass. You dont want to treat them like a little kid and make all the choices for them, but its essential to keep things PG13.
Talk to your daughter and find out what she likes. Its okay to go a little overboard but treat it with class and dignity rather than childish frivolity. Be as serious about her as she is.
Here are 5 great December birthday party ideas for 13 year old girls:
Why Is Celebrating A Teenagers Birthday Always So Difficult
It is challenging to convince a teenager to choose a scenario for celebrating his birthday. Usually, preparation for an event looks like a continuous chain of puzzling problems that require immediate resolution.
Teenagers tend to grow up quickly, become older, so entertainment programs with clowns and pirates often seem to them baby talk. However, the adult holiday program is also not unusual for them, because, in some respects, they are still children.
Also, in adolescence, it is especially crucial for the child what his friends think about him, so often, the teenagers pleasure from the holiday is measured in the number of admired guest reviews.
Important! When deciding how to celebrate a teenagers birthday, you can be sure of only one thing: he wants this day to be something fundamentally different from what he already had in his life. For him, this is not just a holiday, but the beginning of some new stage in life, the expansion of his capabilities.
Th Birthday Party Ideas
When planning a 13th birthday party, keep in mind it is an age where your child may have many friends or a solid small group. Their interests have developed so use that as inspiration when planning. As this is a very independent age, they will be fairly self sufficient with activities and you could expect most teen parties to last several hours.
Don’t Miss: Adventure Air Sports Birthday Party
Th Birthday Party Ideas For The Cool Mom
Inside:13th birthday party ideas.
Turning 13 is a BIG deal! Going from kid to teenager is enough to make any parent giddy and a little nostalgic at the same time.
Planning the party should be fun and giving your upcoming teenager a fun event that feels 100% of them is easier than you may think.
Be a cool mom & win their trust with the best party ideas for turning thirteen.
From themes to decorations to party games this 13th birthday party ideas list is all you need to make their 13th birthday party the best one yet!
Awesome Winter Birthday Party Ideas
Looking for exciting winter birthday party ideas? We get it! Winter birthdays sometimes get the short end of the stick theyre competing with national holidays and are at the mercy of potentially lousy weather. While winter babies learn to roll with it, combined holiday and birthday presents can still be a drag. This is why hosting a legend-in-the-making winter birthday party is such a welcoming prospect. All you need is some exceptional winter birthday party ideas and an amazing venue.
Luckily, we can help you with both! As the largest online marketplace for hourly venue rentals, you can bet that Peerspace has tons of stylish, pristine, private, and one-of-a-kind party venues near you. Click the link and see what pops up in your location. You can filter the results by price, size, and amenities and review each listings high-res photos, detailed description, past user reviews, and upfront pricing.
If your dream location needs any extras, like gourmet catering or a killer karaoke setup, contact the Concierge service. This dedicated team can source and deliver any goods to put the perfect finishing touch on our winter birthday party.
Wondering how much it costs to book a Peerspace birthday venue?
Recommended Reading: Birthday Cake For My Wife
Q My Child Went To Megans Party Do I Have To Reciprocate And Invite Her
A. It depends on how old your child is and whether theyre actually friends. As kids get older, they become aware of where they stand in the social pecking order, so its best to invite Megan if your child spends time with her on a regular basis. But you neednt reciprocate for every acquaintance. You already bought a gift for each childs party, so your social obligation has been fulfilled.
What if your childs the one whos been snubbed? Gently explain that there wasnt enough space at the party or that it was limited to very special friends. Then soften the blow by taking him to the playground or doing another fun activity.
Cool Party Ideas For 13 Year Old Boys
Before considering any of the party ideas for your boy, you must sink in the thought in your mind that he is not a kid anymore, and neither is he an adult. Therefore whatever theme you choose for him, it should be a teenagers theme in itself. The essential for any party include amazing invites, foods, theme and favors that should be synchronized and selected based on the theme that you ultimately decide! Try to keep the party theme gender neutral as your 13 year old would also want to invite some girlfriends over. Have a look at some of the most popular party themes.
Also Check: Space Themed Birthday Party Ideas
Great Games For 13 Year Old Birthday Parties
Survive A Fear Factor Party
A Fear Factor theme will make for a hilarious party that your teen and their friends will talk about for years! Inspired by the show that dares contestants to fight their fears through various trials, this party will have kids screaming in delight.
Set up a series of challenges and have kids progress through different levels until an overall winner is determined. Allow kids to opt out anytime to keep the challenge fun rather than scary. Trials can include:
- Egg challenge: Prepare a bowl of hard-boiled eggs and one or two raw eggs and challenge kids to pick one and crack it on their foreheads. You can award points for bravery and choosing the right egg.
- Worm rescue: Fill individual containers with chocolate pudding or jello and put candy worms at the bottom. Tie kids’ hands behind their backs and time them to retrieve as many worms as possible in one minute. The person with the highest number of rescued worms is the winner!
- Guess what’s inside: Put a variety of objects into boxes with a hole cut in the side, then have kids put their hands in and try to guess what is inside. Choose things that feel horrible to touch, like cold spaghetti, hair, wet cotton balls, slime, egg whites, kiwi fruit, or mashed banana.
Ideal age: 13 and up
Things to remember: Check for any allergies ahead of time and keep a watchful eye to ensure all the kids are happy to play.
Estimated cost: $50 to $100 depending on the ingredients and decorations chosen
Number of guests: 68
Also Check: 8 Yr Old Birthday Party Ideas
More Ideas Teenagers Will Love
- Kickass Things To Do With Friends The next time your teenager complains that theres nothing for them to do, then whip out this list of exciting activities that they can do with their friends. Get them off their smartphones and out and about! These activities will not only be fun for them, but they are enriching as well. Check them out!
- 63+ Rad Teen Cake Ideas Speaking of birthdays and celebrations, lets talk cakes! I love cake, and I love finding the perfect cake for every occasion. Thats why Ive compiled this list of over 60 cake ideas for teenagers! These sweets are totally unique, and youll want to take about 500 pictures before even having a slice.
- 157+ Charades Ideas For Teens That Are Appropriately Funny We all know that teenagers come up with some unique prompts for charades, to say the least. Save yourself the trouble by preparing these actually hilarious charades ideas that arent also wildly inappropriate. Have these on standby for your next family game night or your teens next sleepover, and thank me later!
Invitation Ideas For A 13
The right invite can send a great introduction to the party.
Although store-bought ones are getting cuter every day like these ones and these!
There is still something special about creating your own invite from scratch.
Here are a few ideas to make the 13th birthday party ideas come to life as a fun announcement for everyone.
Don’t Miss: What To Do For My 15th Birthday
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.
Fun Outings Away From Home
Another of the original birthday party ideas for teenagers is to have a party away from home. If you dont want to throw a big party and prefer not to eat too much head, a good plan is to take them bowling. Ideally, they can order some pizzas and soft drinks to have a snack while having a great time.
And whoever says they play bowling, says they take them to the movies to see an adventure or science fiction movie or even hire an outdoor activity like a game of paintball, Bubble Soccer or Yellow Humor. Perhaps it is best to adopt several of these alternatives to make the day complete.
Recommended Reading: Birthday Surprise For My Husband
Th Birthday Party Game Ideas
It gets perplexing for a parent to choose the games which need to be incorporated into the party. From basic to unique, here are a few ideas for 13th birthday party games.
- Truth Or Dare: The basic truth or dare game never loses its charm. Be it for a birthday party or any random day everybody likes to play it.
- Movie Quiz: If you have hosted a movie night, you can simply keep it interesting by organizing a quiz based on the movie they had watched.
- A Karaoke Contest Is Always Fun: Whatever be the age group one might belong to, everyone likes to participate in karaoke. So, you have got to invite her friends to her 13th birthday party and surprise them by holding a karaoke contest. To enhance the ambiance, you can split the individuals into two different teams.
- Mocktail Game Party: This is a fun idea as well as a game too. Provide the teens with plastic wine glasses and fruits and let them make their own mocktails. The one who makes the best drink will win a prize.
Planning The Best 13th Birthday
When it comes to birthdays, 13 is a big deal. If youre planning a birthday party for a 13-year- old, thenyou probably already know what a big deal it is. You want it to be perfect, and you want everyone toenjoy themselves. If youre trying to choose between the best 13 year old birthday party ideas in Katy,here are some tips.
Don’t Miss: Where To Rent A Place For Birthday Party
Some Things To Consider
In terms of decorations, party favors, and the guest list, youre going to want to run all of this by your 13-year-old. Chances are, they will have an opinion, and it will be different than yours.
As your child enters the teenage years, its more likely that theyll want to go somewhere for their birthday, whether its getting a hotel room or going rock climbing. This can get expensive quickly, so be sure to consider what your budget will be and how many friends they can invite.
Host The 13th Birthday Party At A Unique Peerspace Venue
In our opinion, 13th birthday party ideas are only as good as their setting. Thankfully, Peerspace has you covered: itsthe place to rent unique spaces for events like birthday parties. With thousands of cool venues across the United States, Canada, and beyond, you can take your 13th birthday party anywhere you like.
Houses with an awesome backyard and a pool, a rooftop with stunning views, or even a property with a private movie theater room are all at your fingertips! Plus, since Peerspace venues are usually wildly stylish, you really wont have to worry much about decorations. And you can find venues with plenty of cool rooms that your teen can pose for photos in with their friends.
Here are a few of our favorite options:
- This versatile event space in York, PA for up to 50 guests
- This outdoor family-friendly gathering space in Magnolia, TX for up to 150 guests
Many spaces are suitable for young adults, and youll be happy knowing that all are clean and safe. Only people over the age of 18 can rent a space, so it will be necessary for you to book and, of course, accompany your child and their friends.
The bottom line? Your 13-year-old will be psyched to celebrate this milestone in a killer space that their tween friends will be talking about until Sweet 16.
Is your 13-year-old-to-be a summer baby? Then you need to read our 13 awesome summer birthday party ideas!
You May Like: Jewellery Gift For Wife Birthday
Make It Simple But Fun
You dont have to think complicated for any birthday party. Thirteen is a milestone birthday, so whileyou want to make it special, you dont have to do anything complicated to make it that way. Think of asimple outdoors venue where your kid and all of his or her guests can gather. Outdoor venues are ofteneasier because there is less area to decorate and you can hold more people.
Classic Sleepover With A Winter Spin
The sleepover is a standard for girls parties. What makes these nice is that theyre low effort because the kids pretty much entertain themselves.
Please pick up a couple of favorite movies or rent them on a streaming service, and make sure you have plenty of snacks on hand, and maybe get the birthday girl a nice set of pajamas she likes for the occasion.
Most sleepovers involve ordering pizza, but you can do better. Grab some pre-made pizza crusts or dough and set up a design-your-own pizza station.
If your daughter has vegan, gluten-free friends, or otherwise have special dietary needs, pizza is pretty adaptable. Theres even vegan cheese and cauliflower pizza crust.
Read Also: Glow In The Dark Birthday Party Invitations
How To Choose The Perfect Birthday Park
The first step in planning an outdoor birthday is to decide what the garden area or the chosen park will be. Most likely, you know a few in your city, and you are already clear about the one that would be most appropriate for the event.
If you live in a large municipality, you can do a quick search on Google Maps. Carry out this task well in advance. If you do not know space make a previous visit to verify that it meets all the conditions, in addition to requesting the corresponding permission to celebrate a birthday in a park if necessary.
When choosing the park, you must take into account two important aspects:
- The means at your disposal: some gardens have picnic boxes, kiosks or picnic areas for lunch, snacks or the like. Instead, other parks do not have these areas. In the latter case, it will be you who has to arrange the snack area.
- Shaded spaces: Normally, parks and gardens have green areas in the shade. This is something fundamental if you are going to celebrate the birthday in a park in summer and central hours of the day since the sun can cause severe damage in the little heads of the kids. Make sure that the park you have to choose has shaded areas.
Your Big Kid Might Not Be Into Balloon Animals And Superheroes Anymore But Birthdays Are Still A Big Deal For Many Teens Take Off Some Of The Pressure With One Of These Party Ideas For Teens
Ah, how simple birthdays were when your kid was little. They were happy if you invited their favorite people, blew up a few balloons, and provided a cake. Sadly, though, those days may be gone .
Now that your cute kid has turned into a teenager, they’re most likely a little harder to impress. Add the fact that sharing their birthday party on Instagram is almost as important to many teens as the party itself and you’ve got a recipe for more pressure on the party-planning parents.
Desperate for some inspiration? Whether your kid is a foodie, an adrenaline junky, or a shopping enthusiast, these party ideas are proven to have your teen smiling instead of rolling their eyes.
Don’t Miss: My Little Pony Birthday Cake