Not Your Ordinary Pizza Party
Did someone say pizza? Its the universal food most teens cant pass up! Of course, most teenagers will settle for plain cheese, pepperoni or sausage pizza, but why not take it up a notch by serving all different kinds of pizzas to tempt their tastebuds. A few ideas:
- Offer a variety of pizzas: From New York Style pizza and BBQ chicken to extra cheesy and taco pizza, there are so many varieties of fun pizzas have a little fun! Keep it affordable by making your own or cater to make it easy.
- Serve a few sides: Dont forget to serve a couple of sides including a traditional Italian salad or pasta salad to offer a variety of food.
- Bread with dipping oils: Offer a basket or two of fresh french bread pieces with a few dipping oils to add to the Italian theme.
- Keep the fun flowing with games: Its true that teens are fairly easy to please, but you dont want them getting bored. Have some fun by planning a few games. Looking for ideas? Here are a few indoor party games for teens!
Mermaid And Unicorn Party
Who says 10-year-old girls are too old to use a little imagination? Grab some arts and crafts supplies and have your very own kids mythical creatures birthday party! Don your glitteriest clothes, sparkliest kicks and dont forget your magical powers. Why not make your very own unicorn horns – all you need is card, felt tips, elastic and your imagination! Cut your card into strips approx 15cm long, draw on your unicorn horn and decorate as you wish. Then either tape or staple a small piece of elastic to either side of the card so that it fits around your head – voila!
Best Party Ideas For Boys
When youre planning a party for your birthday boy, there are tons of fun themes to choose from. From cars to dinosaurs to video games, no matter what your little man likes, decorating and finding fun activities is a no-brainer. Here are some great ideas for younger and older boys, though of course theres no age requirement!
Also Check: Gift Box For Mom Birthday
+ Birthday Party Ideas And Games For Teen Girls
From kids birthday parties to sweet 16s and Quinceañeras, these birthday party games and ideas are sure to make your kids birthday one to remember. There are so many great teenage girl birthday party activities to make your party perfect!
Here is the scoop on the best teenage girl birthday party activities!
High Jump & Long Jump Competition
For a High Jump Competition, find a big tree or a clear section of wall space outside, and make sure the area is safe. Jump and reach as high as you can. Use a tape measure to record the heigh of each touch. Who can get the highest?
For a Long Jump Competition, find a grassy area of your backyard that is safe to jump around. Market a take-off line, and have everyone jump from that spot. They should bend their knees, swing their arms, and jump for distance. Measure each jump with a tape-measurer and see who can jump the farthest!
Don’t Miss: Birthday Party Venues Long Island
Have A Murder Mystery Party
If you are looking for birthday party themes, a murder mystery is sure to be a lot of fun. There are several online options to find murder mystery fun for groups. You can , set up a room for the themed party, and assign each guest a character to play. Theyll need to read their parts out load and solve the crime together, with one guest discovering that they are the victim and another discovering that they are the murderer. This is a great time for teen boys and teen girls.
Birthday Party Ideas For Tweens
If youre looking for birthday party ideas for tweens, you want to think of an idea that helps your child and his or her friends feel grown up and independent, but that still allows you to supervise as needed. Here are some ideas to inspire you!
1. Hotel SleepoverRent a couple of adjoining rooms and allow your tween and his or her closest pals enjoy a night away with all of the amenities a hotel offers a pool, room service, on demand movies, and maybe even a spa service. You can sleep in the adjoining room, or in the room next door to allow a little freedom while still being close in case of an emergency.
2. Spa DayWhen it comes to birthday party ideas for tweens, spa treatments are definitely a favorite. You can treat your tween and his or her friends to a mani and/or pedi at your favorite salon, hire someone to come to your home to provide services, or get all of the products and essentials in for a DIY spa experience. It all comes down to your budget and comfort level, and Im fairly certain your tween will enjoy whichever option you choose!
3. Arcade DayIf your tween likes to play video games, an arcade birthday party is the way to go! You can take your child and his or her friends to your local arcade for an afternoon of fun, or rent TVs and game consoles for a day of gaming in your home. You can also do a search to see if any companies in your area offer mobile gaming parties where they bring arcade-style games directly to you!
This post contains affiliate links.
You May Like: Birthday Party Save The Date Cards
How To Plan A Birthday Party For Tweens
Before we dive into our favorite birthday party ideas for tweens, here are some things to consider as your plan your childs special day.
1. Think outside the boxWhen planning a party for your tween, you need to get creative. Your child will likely have pretty specific interests, so you can try to create a party with that theme or idea in mind. For example, if your tween girl loves all things hair and makeup, you may opt to organize a spa day, and if your tween son is really into video games, you may consider a party that is centered around arcade games. The idea is to find something that interests your tween and his or her friends so they feel excited and engaged.
2. Be realisticWhen brainstorming birthday party ideas for tweens, its important to be realistic, both with yourself and with your child. As mentioned earlier, this is a time when kids start craving independence, but you need to consider what is and isnt appropriate for your childs age, and the comfort level of the other parents. Rather than allowing your tween and his or her friends to go somewhere on their own together, consider bringing the experience to your house instead.
4. Make sure you have lots of food!One of the best things about organizing a party for tweens is that you can get creative with food options, and make it part of the fun. For example, you might create food-making stations so everyone can make their own pizza, sandwiches, ice cream sundaes, snack mix, etc.
Tweens And Teens Ages 11 To 17
Read Also: 60th Birthday Invitations For Her
Y Games & Fun Activities
Your dinosaur themed party will be a lot more fun and lively if you have a couple of unique games for the kids to play.
With plenty of games for the baby dinosaurs, you can keep your party from devolving into a Jurassic Park situation. While the kiddies wait for the cake, they can color these personalized dinosaur coloring pages. You can set up a dinosaur egg hunt and egg toss, or make your own savage decor with dinosaur crafts.
Another idea is a fossil dig! When you disclose their very own archeological dig site, even the older kids will be happy to jump into the sandbox. Hide little plastic dinosaur toys or fake fossil skeletons in the sand and give out paint brushes to carefully dig them out. Examine everyones discoveries together to see if you can name every dinosaur you see.
First A Word About Birthdays In The Age Of Covid
Even now, many places are still under COVID restrictions that limit how many people can gather at a time. That means, as the party host, you may want to be extra careful about how you plan your kids birthday party.
Be sure to check your local regulations for more details. But in general, here are some tips to keep in mind as you plan:
- The guest list. How many kids and parents is it safe to invite, or that you feel safe inviting? Consider the number of guests youre comfortable with in your home or at the event location.
- Social distancing. What activities and spaces can accommodate staying six feet apart?
- Masks. Will you require them? If so, will you provide them?
- Renting a private room. If youre not throwing the party at home, consider renting a private room so you have control over sanitation.
- Zoom party. If you or your childs friends are uncomfortable getting together as a group, consider hosting a video call. There are even games you can play over Zoom that can make everyone feel involved.
Also Check: Donny Osmond Happy Birthday Song
Creative 4th Birthday Party Themes 31 Unique Ideas For Celebrating Your 4
The best list of 4th birthday party themes, with clever ideas for boys and girls + inspiration for decorations, food, party favors and more!
Getting ready to celebrate your child turning FOUR? Were here to help with over 30 unique 4th birthday ideas that you can use as inspiration to plan your party. All of our themes are fun play-on-words or puns with the word four or fourth, and include photos of party décor, birthday treats, and sweet favors to spark your creativity.
Make sure to include your soon to be 4-year-old in the planning process theyre at a fun age where theyve developed preferences and favorite things, so incorporate them whenever possible. Show them some of the photos weve included here and see what they get excited about.
Whatever 4th birthday party theme you decide upon, we wish you nothing but smiles and laughter on the big celebration day!
RELATED: If you have younger children that will be celebrating a birthday soon, check out all of our birthday theme lists! Weve got the best ideas for 1st Birthdays, 2nd Birthdays and 3rd Birthdays too!
PIN for when youre ready to choose your childs fourth birthday party theme:
Gender Neutral / Unisex 4th Birthday Party Themes
These clever 4th birthday ideas are fun themes for boys and girls alike scroll through and see which ones might be a match for your childs personality and preferences .
Have A Wine And Cheese Night
Research the perfect pairings for wine and cheese, or wine and anything really, on a site like Wine Folly. If you want to go all out, offer wine flights to your guests. In lieu of birthday gifts, ask everyone to bring their favorite bottle instead.
When curating your cheeseboard, first mix flavors and textures , then add some cured meats, a touch of produce, followed by nuts, seeds, and crackers, and finish it all off with dips and fresh herbs.
Also Check: Birthday Party Rentals Bay Area
The Basics Of A Teenage Birthday Party
When starting your party planning process, you still need all the same things as a young childs birthday party. Chat with your kids to see what kind of theme they are thinking about. Surprising a teenager can be tricky because something that they love today might be annoying and old tomorrow.
Once youve got your theme decided , youll need the basics to put together a fun party. Invitations usually come first. Kids might just text their friends, but if you need a headcount, you might want to loop in parents as well, especially if the party is going to be an overnight adventure.
For the party itself, you want to make sure you have food and some kind of dessert. Cupcakes are a popular option because you dont need to cut the cake and they can still be decorated to match the theme. Decorations should also match your theme and you can keep them pretty minimal. Party favors are optional for teenagers because small bags of candy and toys dont really go over the same way with this age group as it does with the little kids.
Create Your Own Bar Crawl
Choose your favorite cocktail or craft brew, whether it be mezcal margaritas or tiki drinks. Then, decide on a fun neighborhood and map out a walkable or ride-share route to various breweries or bars that serve the best of your chosen tipple.
Some boutiques will actually let you throw your birthday soirée on-site . Do you love shoes? Ask to have your fête right in the footwear department.
Tell your friends to wear their favorite party outfits, and then call an at-home beauty concierge service like Blo, Dry Bar, or Glam Squad to come do hair and makeup. If you decide to go out, greatif not, no worries. Just make sure to snap some photos for posterity… and Instagram.
Don’t Miss: 5yr Old Girl Birthday Party Ideas
Host A Fancy Dinner Party
Give the kids an excuse to dress up and host a dinner party. You can offer to bring in your teenagers favorite cuisine. Set a table, light some candles, put on some music, and serve up a multi-course meal. Make sure to take lots of pictures because its not often that these kids have an excuse to get all dolled up. Cap off your event with some fun little gifts for the guests and some fancy desserts like macarons and decorated cookies and candies.
If you arent big on cooking, you can also make a reservation for the kids at a local restaurant. You can give them a little space and let them have their own table and space to enjoy a meal and some chats. You can offer to purchase the meal and offer rides to and from, but it will be a treat for the teenagers to get this independence somewhere in public.
Cheap Birthday Ideas For Girlfriend
via: Pexels / cottonbro
Here are 10 cheap birthday ideas for girlfriend:
82. Read Spooky Stories by a Roaring Fire.
The perfect excuse to cuddle up!
83. Buy a Puzzle and Hit a Coffee Shop.
You might even find cheap second-hand puzzles in your local thrift shop.
84. Brainstorm a New Product or Business.
Whats better than saving money? Making money together!
85. Take a Photo Walk.
All you need is your smartphone and some inspiration.
via: Unsplash / Pocky Lee
Take out your dining table to your backyard and voila!
87. Have a Brunch.
Do all the cooking while the birthday girl relaxes over a steaming cup of coffee.
88. Watch a Sunset.
Its 100% free of charge.
89. Go to IKEA.
You dont have to buy anything simply walking the aisles and trying out the furniture can be so much fun!
90. Hit the Library.
The perfect couples activity for book lovers.
via: Unsplash / Clay Banks
91. Go to a Zoo.
You can spend the whole day getting to know the different animals.
Read Also: Is There A Comma After Happy Birthday
The Highlight Of The Holiday Is The Cake
Beautiful, decorated in the style of the whole holiday, and the birthday girl with the guests is waiting for him. Therefore, to bring it into the room will be too commonplace. Invite the little ladies to solve the riddle:
- For a holiday treat
- looking forward to it
- Of course, it is a TORT!
And while making the main holiday treat, we sing the traditional song Happy Birthday to you.
And do not forget that the cake is brought in already with candles, so for more magnificent entertainment, we turn off the light in the room.