What To Serve With These Treats
Most people love eating these rainbow rice krispie treats all on their own or as a way to satisfy their sweet tooth craving after a meal. I pack them in my kids lunchboxes to enjoy with lunch or theyll have them as an afterschool treat.
These are great for an extra item on the menu at birthday parties, too! They might be just as sticky as a cupcake, but they are a fun twist to traditional party treats.
If Im having a busy week, this is an easy and quick dessert to make.
Birthday Cake Funfetti Rice Krispie Treats
A colorful twist to the classic Rice Krispie treats. Birthday cake batter funfetti Rice Krispie treats are here to entertain and will definitely brighten your day!
We are all going through a terrible Covid-storm. You or you may know someone who is illed or being affected in some way. We need to continue doing our part and keep supporting each other. If we all work together to flatten the curve, I am hopeful that things will get better soon. Stay positive and remember, there is a rainbow at the end of every storm!
Speaking of rainbow
I made rice krispie treats yesterday with cake batter mix, white chocoalte chips, and sprinkles. This combination reminds me of a birthday cake. A lot of people are unable to celebrate their birthdays because of isoloation policy. You can be someones rainbow by giving them a call, sending a thankful message, or make this birthday cake batter rice krispie treats!
If you make this recipe, please leave a comment below and let me know what you think. Make sure you also tag me on Instagram and hashtag it #onehappybite so I can see your creations!
Ingredients In Healthy Birthday Cake Rice Krispie Treats
The base of these gluten free birthday cake rice krispie treats is just 5 simple ingredients to keep them perfectly sweet, easy and incredibly delicious. Heres what youll need:
- Cashew butter: be sure to use an all natural, creamy cashew butter. You can also use a different nut butter or tahini, but I like using cashew butter because its relatively neutral in flavor.
- Maple syrup: were sweetening these birthday cake rice krispies with pure maple syrup. You can also use honey or brown rice syrup if youd like.
- Coconut oil: youll need a bit of coconut oil to give these bars the right texture and for the white chocolate drizzle. You can also use butter or vegan butter.
- Vanilla extract: for a little boost of flavor.
- Salt: youll just need a pinch if your cashew butter isnt already salted.
- Crispy brown rice cereal: note that traditional Rice Krispies cereal is not certified gluten-free, so be sure to check your box and use a brown rice krispies cereal alternative thats gluten free if need be.
- Rainbow sprinkles: to make these birthday cake flavored! I like to use this all natural brand but this one is another great all natural sprinkles brand.
- White chocolate chips: youll just need a couple tablespoons of white chocolate chips for the drizzle. YUM.
Also Check: Places To Have A Birthday Party For 16 Year Olds
Cake Decorating Rice Krispies Recipe Yield
This recipe makes about 4 cups of rice krispies.
This recipe can easily be halved or doubled to decrease or increase the yield as needed.
For my elephant cake I used about 4 cups of these cake decorating rice krispies.
My Patrick Star cake was slightly larger and I ended up using about 6 cups of these rice krispies to make his legs.
Faq + Tips & Tricks For Funfetti Rice Krispies Treats:
RICE KRISPIES BRAND CEREAL IS NOT GLUTEN FREE. If youre gluten free, *dont* buy Rice Krispies brand cereal. You need to look for certified gluten free crisp rice cereal. We like Barbaras crisp brown rice cereal, and Natures Path crisp rice cereal.
THE BEST VEGAN MARSHMALLOWS. I really like the Dandies ones. I get the best price on Dandies marshmallows at places like Sprouts, Whole Foods, Thrive Market , and Natural Grocers. You can also order them .
FYI IF YOU USE VEGAN MARSHMALLOWS. They might not blend in with the butter as smoothly as traditional mallows. Dont worry! Just mix quickly as they melt and stir the mixture into the crisp rice cereal quickly.
LOOKING FOR DYE-FREE SPRINKLES? Ive got you covered. These are our favorite dye-free sprinkles.
WHATS THE BEST WAY TO STORE RICE KRISPIES TREATS? The less air exposure they have, the fresher and softer theyll stay. I recommend storing Rice Krispies treats in a zip top bag with the excess air pushed out, or even individual wrapping them if you want to really go for it. Theyll stay fresh on the counter for several days like this.
Read Also: Teleflora’s Birthday Sparkle Bouquet
How To Make Cake Batter Rice Krispie Treats
Just follow these six easy steps and you will have yourself the best batch of rice krispie treats ever!
1.) Melt butter in a large saucepan at low heat.
2.) Once butter is completely melted, add marshmallows to saucepan. Keep on low heat, stirring frequently. Melt marshmallows completely .
3.) Stir in the dry cake mix. Remove pan from heat.
4.) Add the cereal to the marshmallow mixture and about half of the sprinkles. Stir gently until cereal is completely coated.
5.) Pour mixture into a 13×9 inch pan coated with cooking spray. Use wax paper or a spatula sprayed with cooking spray to lightly press the mixture down evenly throughout the pan.
6.) Top with the remaining sprinkles and enjoy!
You may also be interested in: Cookies and Cream Brownie Batter Truffles
Birthday Cake Rice Crispy Treats
- 1 bag of mini marshmallows
- cup dry yellow cake mix
- 6 cups crisped rice cereal
- ¼-1/3 cup rainbow sprinkles
Read Also: My Little Pony Birthday Cake
Why Do My Rice Krispie Treats Get Hard
The #1 culprit to hard Rice Krispies Treats is HIGH heat! Sometimes its tempting to crank up the heat to get these treats made quickly, but resist the urge! High heat will crystalize the sugar in the marshmallows, and that will make your treats rock-solid. My recipe below uses LOW heat. Yes, it takes a bit longer, but the results are worth it!
Top Reviews From The United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
5.0 out of 5 stars
Disclaimer: While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Amazon.com assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.
Don’t Miss: Birthday Gift Delivery Nashville Tn
Tips For Making The Best Cake Decorating Rice Krispies
- Be sure to grease your hands with non-stick spray before handling the rice krispies. This will make them much easier to shape.
- Dont overheat your marshmallows! Heat them just until theyre soft and fluffy, otherwise you can burn your hands when you try to handle the rice krispies.
- Firmly press the rice krispies together to compact them into a firm shape. This will make them easier to frost.
- As you shape your rice krispie shapes, hold them against or next to your cake to make sure theyre the right size and shape.
- The ideal time to make these is once youve crumb coated your cake. This way you can shape them and add them to your cake while youre still warm and flexible.
- Press the rice krispie shapes against your chilled cake when theyre still a bit warm to help them easily adhere to your cake.
Classic Rice Krispie Treats Recipe:
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
1. In large saucepan melt butter over medium-low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove the marshmallow mixture from the heat.
2. Add rice krispie cereal. Stir until the cereal mixture is well combined.
3. Using a buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Allow to cool before cutting into squares.
How perfect are these rice krispies treats for Birthday Parties?! These fun treats are sure to become a favorite party recipe! Easy peasy right?!
This post contains affiliate links.
Read Also: Birthday Present For My Dog
Optional Swaps In These Birthday Cake Rice Krispie Treats
- Feel free to use peanut, tahini, almond or sunflower butter in place of the cashew butter. Cashew butter has the most neutral flavor but any of these should work okay.
- Instead of coconut oil, you may use melted butter or vegan butter.
- Feel free to use honey or brown rice syrup instead of maple syrup.
- To make dairy free: simply skip the white chocolate drizzle
Coconut Fantasy Desserts Cake Cooking Recipes
All of the details are made from homemade marshmallow fondant. Although i tried chocolate covered rice crispies instead and it didnt work so went to the shops and cheated a little and bought swiss rolls, but over all i was very impressed, and so was my daughter and family, def was horrible.
2 tier minnie mouse cake with images minnie mouse cake. 10 custom cake starts at $65.00.
Baby rump cake recipe baby shower cake designs baby. 8 custom cake starts at $40.00.
Basketball treats cake pop rice krispie treats pretzels. 9 custom cake starts at $50.00.
Birthday cake funnel cake the funnest birthday cake in. Add marshmallows and stir continuously until the marshmallows.
Butter rice krispy treats recipe rice krispies rice. All of the details are made from homemade marshmallow fondant.
Candy sushi could use my 3 layers of plates from home for. Although i tried chocolate covered rice crispies instead and it didnt work so went to the shops and cheated a little (this.
Chocolate covered rice krispy treats for todays enchanted. Attach the rice krispie treats to the cake with buttercream icing.
Chocolate covered rice krispy treats on a stick. Available in all of our cake and cupcake flavors
Cutesome people are soooo talented elmo birthday cake. Beans that are locally and freshly roasted.
Do not calculate the cake but the sweetness we give each. Birthday cake rice krispie treats skip the cake and try these birthday treats instead watercolor desserts seamless pattern.
Don’t Miss: Things To Do With Kids For Birthday
Cake Decorating Rice Krispies
Sculpted or shaped cakes can seem quite intimidating. However, with the help of cake decorating rice krispies these decorative cakes come together a lot more easily than youd think.
A batch of these rice krispies can bring a challenging cake shape to life while making the process so much more manageable.
Ive used this technique on several of my animal cakes, including my elephant cake and my Patrick Star cake and its a total game changer.
These krispies allow you to creatively and easily shape any cake.
I highly recommend using them for larger shaped cake, especially when you want to avoid weighing down your cake with loads of additional cake or frosting.
Rice Krispies Treat Birthday Cake #sundaysupper
I make a birthday cake for you well not for you, for America. Because its Americas birthday tomorrow and if there is any birthday that deserves an awesome birthday cake its obviously America. So happy birthday, America, I think youre going to love this cake.
And you, my readers, are too. Because, you see, this isnt any ordinary birthday cake.
I get it its summer and hot and tomorrow is the Fourth and you need a last minute dessert and making a traditional layer cake is so not going to happen. I totally hear you.
But while this layer cake looks totally normal on the outside, on the inside, its Rice Krispies Treats made with Red, White, and Blue Rice Krispies. And its totally amazing!
The cake is the softest, gooiest, BEST Rice Krispies Treat you will ever have. I promise. Its just so good.
But then I made seriously irresistible vanilla bean buttercream frosting to fill and cover the cake. I could eat that frosting by the spoon. Okay, so I did eat some of it with a spoon, but on the cake, its even better.
With the cereal treats and the fluffy buttercream, this is pretty much the cake of my dreams, and dare I say better than a traditional birthday cake.
This is so easy and fun to make, so theres no excuse to celebrate Americas birthday and some seriously good food this Fourth of July or any day in fact.
Recommended Reading: Best Liquor For 21st Birthday Present
How To Get The Best Soft Rice Krispies Treats
A few little tricks can help you get SUPER soft, light, gooey results. Here are my 3 best tips for perfectly soft Rice Krispies treats
Can These Cake Batter Rice Krispies Be Made Vegan Or Gluten
Yes, the ratios for this recipe will work but youll need to find substitutions for all of the ingredients.
The Kelloggs Rice Krispie Cereal has gluten in them so you will need to substitute it with another. Natures Path Organic Crispy Rice Cereal is a good alternative that is vegan AND gluten-free!
Youll also want to find some vegan marshmallows as regular marshmallows contain gelatin. Instead of butter, you can use vegan butter or virgin coconut oil. For the cake mix, shop in the gluten-free section and be sure to read the label!
Read Also: Where To Take Girlfriend For Birthday
Tips For Making These Easy Birthday Treats:
- Use Wilton candy melts for best results, the wafer chocolate melts the best. Add one teaspoon of coconut oil to other melted chocolate chips to help them melt and pour better.
- Lay the chocolate covered treat on a parchment lined baking sheet for easy moving and transporting before the chocolate has hardened.
- Place the chocolate in the fridge or freezer to completely cool before serving.
- Store these yummy treats in a large freezer bag or airtight container for up to three months at room temperature. They can also be stored in the fridge to prevent the chocolate from melting.
Cake Batter Rice Krispie Treats
Are you ready for the most amazing, no bake, ready in 5 minutes, knock-off-your-socks recipe?!
Gooey, super marshmallow-y, full of colorful sprinkles, and bursting with that cake batter flavor you love. Do I need to convince you more to make these NOW?
An easy recipe for cake batter rice krispie treats!
Recommended Reading: Birthday Party Venues Nashville Tn
More Grandma Approved Recipes To Try
If you enjoyed this cake batter rice krispie treats recipe, have a look at some of these other yummy recipes.
I love it when you turn an old favorite into something brand new. The cake mix really changes the flavor of this yummy treat. Let me know what you think of this fun take on the classic take in the comments down below!
How To Store Your Treats
- Your cereal treats will taste best if eaten within the first few days but they will stay crispy and fresh for up to a week if stored properly in an airtight container or large zip-top bag.
- Using salted butter helps to increase the shelf life of a Rice Krispie Treat.
- Do not refrigerate the treats as they may become soggy and soft.
- You may freeze your cereal treats for up to 3 months but Id recommend frosting them afterward.
- Wrap the treats in plastic wrap or Glad Press n Seal, then overwrap them in tin foil. Place them in a zip-top bag and freeze.
- To thaw, remove the cereal treats from the freezer and let them sit, unwrapped, on the counter for at least 1 hour before unwrapping.
- You can wrap the entire pan of treats or wrap individual treats depending on how you want to use them later.
You might like these other fun rice cereal treat recipes
Also Check: Birthday Party Places In San Antonio For Adults