Bestviewsreviews Ranking And Score For Good Snacks Vegan Birthday Cake Protein Bars
This product received a total score of 9.59 out of 10, based on review sentiments and user opinions related to 8 features:
Which Protein Powder Is Best For Baking
Not every protein powder is created the same. Some are thicker than others, some are finer than others and some have different additives in them. As a general rule of thumb, all protein powders can work, but they will leave different textures. Here are the more mainstream protein powders and what texture and flavor profiles they have.
- Brown Rice Protein Powder Earthy in flavor and texture, this vegan protein powder keeps the cookies soft and chewy. Be sure to use a vanilla flavored one, otherwise, the cookies will be very bland.
- Casein Protein Powder My favorite protein powder for baking. This blend of powder never dries out baked goods, and has the most delicious flavor.
- Whey Protein Powder My least favorite protein powder to use, whey is the most natural protein powder, and also the lowest in carbs. However, they are most prone to dry out baked goods, so be sure to keep an eye on it.
Birthday Cake Protein Bites
These easy-to-make, fun protein bites are full of protein and fiber. Theyre great for meal prep or make a perfect pre/post workout snack!
Life as a busy mom is hard. Feeding your kids healthy food, keeping up with house, and staying on top of work are all tough tasks to tackle when youre already stretched thin.
Throw in an event like a birthday party and suddenly you find yourself drowning in a sea of cake batter.
Mmmmm cake batter which is what got us to todays recipe.
Its time for some birthday cake protein bites! These sweet treats will be the perfect addition to any celebration or just any ole day because they taste just like frosted cupcakes but are made from ingredients that wont leave your body feeling weighed down or bloated afterwards.
Plus, they make it easy to feed the whole gang by providing individual servings so everyone can grab one without having to wait around for their turn at the table.
Also Check: Birthday Cake Delivery San Francisco Ca
Birthday Cake Protein Bars Sweet Sugar Free Superb
Just superb Birthday Cake Protein Bars recipe complete with no bake protein cake base and protein frosting layers! These funfetti protein bars are low fat, low calorie, sugar free, gluten free and have a Vegan option too. A real celebration cake batter bar!
I really have no words for how soft and sweet and just perfect these funfetti protein bars are!
I really really dont have the words!
Savored every bite, one bit at a time. These were just beyond beautiful!
Beautiful in taste and aesthetics
These Birthday Cake Protein Bars Are Fudgy Sweet And Taste Just Like Cake Except These Are Made Without The White Flour Butter And Excess Sugar
Now THIS is how Id like to celebrate my 8th blogiversary!
Yes, ehem, Ive been doing this whole blog thing for EIGHT SOLID YEARS. My jaw has dropped. My mind is blown. I really dont know how to wrap my head around this concept sometimes? What started out as a hobby slowly grew and grew, that by year four I was like, Wow, this has the potential to be my full-time gig! And by year six, I was able to quit my day job and officially become self-employed. And for that, I am so incredibly grateful to each and every one of you.
Without you, this recipe post wouldnt be here.
Without you, this entire blog wouldnt be here!
Before I get to the recipe, I wanted to say that these last eight years have been one helluva rollercoaster. So many ups, so many downs. There are times when the track is bumpy, and I swear there have been moments where it feels like the cart Im in gets stuck upside down in a loop high off the ground, and the only thing keeping me together is a flimsy seatbelt.
To be honest, Ive been struggling with blogging lately. And by lately I mean well over a year. I guess its a combination of things:
- hormone changes
- stress about work
- stress about money
- anxiety and depression
After almost a full semester of baking , I started this blog. I didnt know it at the time, but 4/20/2011 was a very special day
But ANYWAYS. ON TO THE GOOD STUFF! AKA THESE BIRTHDAY CAKE PROTEIN BARS!
You May Like: Lovely Birthday Messages For Her
Why Is My Vegan Cake Rubbery
If your vegan cake is rubbery, it could be one of two things.
Oneyou undermixed the ingredients, causing them to not set up right when cooking.
Twoyou used ingredients that were too cold. Strangely enough, the outcome of your recipe can even be affected by the temperature of your ingredients during mixing.
Be sure to use room temperature ingredients and mix them well. Use a hand mixer if necessary.
How To Make These:
Add all of the ingredients into a mixing bowl except for the milk and sprinkles. Stir well to combine and incorporate. Don’t worry if it seems a bit dry, the milk will fix that!
Add the milk a tablespoon at a time as desired. You may use it all, but if you don’t that is ok as well. The batter should be thick and easily rolled into a ball if you try, but not dry.
From there, stir of the sprinkles, reserving the rest for on top.
Press, press PRESS the mixture into a parchment lined pan. Use a spatula or even a glass cup to help press it evenly. You need to press well for them to hold shape.
Sprinkle the remaining rainbow sprinkles on top and gently press them in. Freeze for about 30 minutes to an hour before cutting.
Recommended Reading: Birthday Wishes For Mom From Son
Tips For Protein Powder Birthday Cake Bars
These protein powder birthday cake bars with all the sprinkles and funfetti are really easy to make, but heres some tips to get it right.
- Use whey-caesin protein powder since it works well with the ratio of ingredients here. If you use a whey protein powder, you might want to adjust the amount of milk to make it less.
- Mix the dough well to form a smooth mixture, but dont over-mix since the protein powder might make the texture tough.
- Let the healthy birthday cake bar layers chill before adding the chocolate and slicing, or they will be too soft.
Vegan Birthday Cake Protein Bars
Vegan Birthday Cake Protein Bars
Ditch store-bought protein bars and make these Vegan Birthday Cake Protein Bars instead!
These protein bars legit taste like CAKE!
We use vanilla protein powder, pure vanilla and almond extract for the perfect birthday cake flavor!
These protein bars are sweetened with maple syrup and are loaded with sprinkles!
Vegan Birthday Cake Protein Bars
Don’t Miss: Birthday Save The Date Invitation
Alternatives For Healthy Birthday Cake Bars Recipe
I made this healthy, sugar free and gluten free and low calorie birthday cake bar recipe with this particular ingredient list, but heres some options to choose from.
- Oat Flour: Almond flour
- Unflavored protein powder: Unflavored Collagen, or even Almond flour or Oat flour
- Sugar free Maple Syrup: Regular maple syrup or Honey, but they wont be Vegan or a no sugar recipe anymore.
- Coconut flour: Try using about 3 Tbsp of Almond Flour
Options for the Protein Icing:
- Greek Yogurt: Coconut Yogurt
- Butter: Non dairy butter
Vegan Birthday Cake Protein Baked Oats
Good morning everyone! Today I am sharing yet another baked oatmeal recipe with all of you. I know that I have been posting a ton of oatmeal recipes lately, but they are just so good! I have been testing out a new flavor almost every single morning, and I plan to share all of my successes on the blog. That way, all of you can enjoy them too :). However, I will also try to switch things up more in the coming weeks so that you arent only getting oatmeal recipes.Ok, enough on that. Lets go ahead and talk about todays recipe birthday cake baked oatmeal. This recipe is the perfect single serve dessert. It is packed with plant based protein and the batter comes together in just a few minutes. The oatmeal turns out nice and soft on the inside, which gives it an incredible cakey texture. The rainbow sprinkles on top add both sweetness and color. Now, we will go through some quick logistics and take a look at the list of ingredients you will need to make this recipe a smashing success.
Also Check: Things To Do For A 3 Year Old Birthday Party
Recipe Tips And Notes:
- The biggest impact on the flavor of these bars will be your protein powder. If your protein powder tastes like grass, then these protein bars are going to taste like grass. Sad, but true. I would opt for a vanilla versus a flavorless, unless you use a collagen peptide powder. Collagen seems to be the only powder that is really and truly flavorless. I could get behind using one of these for sure.
- A thinner, drippy almond or cashew butter will work best. It will be easiest to mix up these protein bars if you use a nut butter that is moist, smooth and more on the runny side. I usually keep mine out of the fridge for about an hour to help loosen it up a bit.
- When I say press, I mean PRESS these babies into the pan. If you want a really sturdy, dense bar, then you gotta put all your weight into it, sit on it, whatever you have to do, bring the power. The bars will be too flimsy if you dont so when you think you have pressed hard enough, keep going.
- Feel free to roll these into bite sized balls instead of bars. Simple, poppable protein bites are great as well!
- Sprinkles often include food dyes. If you are looking to avoid food dyes, opt for sprinkles that are naturally dyed. There are actually a lot of them out there these days!
Ingredients In Homemade Protein Bars
For the full ingredient measurements and step-by-step instructions, scroll down to view the recipe card at the bottom of the page.
- Birthday cake protein powder: There are so many brands to choose from, so feel free to use your favorite! If you cant find a cake batter protein powder, plain vanilla protein will work just as well.
- Cashew butter: This is the best nut butter to use when youre making a sweet treat, like cake or cookie dough. It has a milder and sweeter flavor than peanut butter.
- Almond flour: Otherwise known as ground almonds, this is a wholesome alternative to all-purpose flour. I recommend using a superfine variety, like Bobs Red Mill Superfine Almond Flour.
- Maple syrup: Maple syrup naturally sweetens these healthy protein bars.
- White chocolate: Use your favorite brand of white chocolate chips. If youre vegan, make sure you choose a dairy-free variety.
- Sprinkles: Rainbow sprinkles make these homemade protein bars so much fun! You can even take it a step further and use holiday-themed sprinkles around Halloween, Christmas, or Valentines Day.
- Vanilla extract: Pure vanilla extract helps bring about that classic cake batter taste we are aiming for.
- Almond extract: Surprisingly, this extract tastes nothing like almonds. It has a strong, sweet flavor and only a quarter teaspoon is needed.
- Salt: Add a pinch to balance the other rich flavors.
Recommended Reading: Exploding Birthday Box With Balloons
Birthday Cake Protein Bar By No Cow
Sweet cake flavor with the soft crunch of sprinkles. Youll wonder how in the world something that tastes so good can also give you the fuel you need to get through your daily routine.
Birthdays only come once a year, but this is something to celebrate every day. Sweet cake flavor with the soft crunch of sprinkles. Youll wonder how in the world something that tastes so good can also give you the fuel you need to get through your daily routine. Made with pea and rice protein, stevia, and monk fruit. Dairy Free, 20g Plant Protein, 1g Sugar, 16g Fiber, 190 Calories. Certified Gluten-Free and Kosher, Non-GMO Project Verified, Soy Free, Vegan. No birthday wishes needed. No Cow. No Bull. No Whey!
Protein Blend , Soluble Corn Fiber, Glycerine, Sprinkles , Almonds, Sweetener Blend , Palm Oil*, Natural Flavors, Cocoa Butter, Salt, Water, Peanuts
Why This Recipe Works
What I love most about this cake is that its much easier to prepare than it looks! Ive made this recipe so many times and its always a big hit. People wont believe that its entirely vegan!
The cake itself is insanely easy to make. Its a spin-off of my vegan lemon cake that I turned into a vegan vanilla cake by adding vanilla-flavored coconut yogurt and vanilla extract.
Its a one bowl cake recipe that is ready in no time. All you have to do is add all of the ingredients to a big bowl and stir them well with a wooden spoon. Then divide the cake batter evenly into three 8-inch cake pans.
While the three cake layers are baking in the oven, you could make the frosting. Its my go-to frosting that I also use for my vegan cupcakes.
The coconut yogurt makes this cake super moist and fluffy without using eggs. To make the cake even moister, I added a little bit of almond flour.
Impress your loved ones with this vegan birthday cake!
Birthday Cake Protein Bars
These protein bars are so fun to make and take just 5 minutes to whip up! Made with good for you ingredients like chickpeas, vanilla protein, and cashew butter, theyre the perfect energy boost to get you through the day!
PREP TIME: 5 mins TOTAL TIME: 5 mins
Arisha is a plant-based enthusiast and athlete from Vancouver, Canada with a passion for promoting a healthy yet balanced lifestyle.
How To Make Vegan Birthday Cake
Full directions on how to make Vegan Birthday Cake are in the printable recipe card below.
Read Also: Does Benihana Do Anything For Birthdays
How To Make This Recipe
1. Step: Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Grease three 8-inch cake pans with vegan butter and lightly dust with flour. Melt the vegan butter in a small pot. In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients.
2. Step: Stir with a wooden spoon.
3. Step: Pour the batter evenly into the prepared cake pans.
4. Step: Bake for about 30-35 minutes. Use a toothpick to check if the cake is ready. Leave in the pan for 10 minutes. Then transfer it to a cooling rack to cool completely.
5. Step: In the meantime, make the vanilla frosting. Place the softened vegan butter in a medium bowl and beat it with an electric hand mixer until creamy and smooth. This should take about 45 second to 1 minute. Gradually add half of the powdered sugar and beat on low speed. Scrape down the sides of the bowl if needed.
6. Step: Add the canned coconut milk, the vanilla extract, and the remaining powdered sugar. Increase to medium-high speed and beat for about 30-45 seconds, until youve got a fluffy and smooth frosting. Make sure not to overbeat. If your frosting is too thick, add more coconut milk . If its too thin for your liking, add extra powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency .
7. Step: When the cake has cooled completely, you can frost and decorate it. Place one of the three cake layers on a platter. Cover the top and the sides evenly with the frosting. Use a knife to carefully frost the sides.