Bible Verses About Babies Being A Blessing
The Bible tells us time and time again that children are a gift from God. He forms them, He knows them, He loves them, and He has a purpose for them. Every baby ever born is a blessing from Him, theyre His gift to the world and they are worth so much more than anyone could ever put into words.
Psalm 127:3-5 Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of ones youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate.
John 16:21 When a woman is giving birth, she has sorrow because her hour has come, but when she has delivered the baby, she no longer remembers the anguish, for joy that a human being has been born into the world.
3 John 1:4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.
Proverbs 17:6 Grandchildren are the crown of the aged, and the glory of children is their fathers.
Matthew 18:1-3 At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven? And calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them and said, Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.
Best Bible Verses For Birthdays
Birthdays are a wonderful experience, especially for children. They are a glorious moment we celebrate the anniversary of our birth and give thanks for another year of life! Theyre also an opportunity to give our love to family and friends by sharing heartfelt gifts and words of appreciation. And what better words to share than the Word of God? Including a quote from scripture can make the perfect addition to any birthday card or cake, reminding them of Gods love.
We are happy to gather the 35 best Bible verses for birthdays for your convenience. May these Bible verses add a divine touch to your birthday celebrations! We have also included additional ones that are great for your friend, wife, husband, and sister!
Bible Verses For Baby Shower
Baby showers are the perfect way to celebrate Gods greatest blessings. All throughout their pregnancies, moms become more aware of the magnificent God they serve. While bonding with the little bundle of joy growing inside them, they inevitably get closer to the one who created them. This is why Bible verses are important for baby showers, it enables us to honor the creator while were celebrating His creation.
James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.
1 Samuel 1:27 For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me my petition that I made to him.
Ecclesiastes 11:5 As you do not know the way the spirit comes to the bones in the womb of a woman with child, so you do not know the work of God who makes everything.
Ezekiel 34:26 And I will make them and the places all around my hill a blessing, and I will send down the showers in their season they shall be showers of blessing.
Also Check: Birthday Wishes For Sister In Law
Religious Birthday Wishes For Kids
1. May God abundantly bless you He has been a faithful God in your life. I wish you a happy birthday!
2. May every day of your life glory Jesus. It is my prayer that you continue to walk in the footstep of Jesus Christ. Happiest birthday!
3. On this special day in your life, its my prayer for the Lord to shower you with his blessed gift. Happy Birthday
4. May the Love of Christ fill all the days of your life! Wish you a blessed birthday my child!
5. May God pour out His blessings and love upon your life today as we celebrate your special day in life. Happy birthday my child!
6. Dear child, we want you to know that we love you so much and always pray to God to guide and bless you. Happy birthday my son.
Birthday Bible Verses For Your Sister
Ecclesiastes 6:9-10 Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor: If either of them falls down, one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up.
Ruth 1:16-17 But Ruth replied: Do not persuade me to leave you or go back and not follow you. For wherever you go, I will go, and wherever you live, I will live your people will be my people, and your God will be my God. Where you die, I will die, and there I will be buried. May Yahweh punish me, and do so severely, if anything but death separates you and me.
Psalm 29:11 May the Lord give strength to his people! May the Lord bless his people with peace!
Psalm 20:4 May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed.
Don’t Miss: Birthday Gift For 95 Year Old Woman
How To Celebrate Your Birthday In A Christian Way
Although celebrating ones birthday is not included in the Bible, how to celebrate it in a Christian way is quite a challenge. But that does not mean it is impossible. There are ways that we can make our birthdays special while following Gods instructions to us. The verses included in each step will serve as a guide for us on how to make our special worthwhile.
1. Thank God for another year that He has given you and engross yourself with Gods divine wisdom.
- Proverbs 9:11 For through wisdom your days will be many, and years will be added to your life.
The Bible is not called the Book of Life for a random reason. It is the manual of our spiritual and even our physical body. It contains instructions and ways on how we can live our life better. Wisdom found in the Holy Scriptures does not just cater to our spiritual needs but also our physical health as well. And that is the reason why the Bible said that wisdom adds years to our life.
2. Reminisce the hard times you have experienced and add it as a milestone of the year that has passed.
- James 1:12 Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him.
3. Stop celebrating lavishly, but instead, do good works.
- Ephesians 2:8-9 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God not by works so that no one can boast.
4. Contemplate about the years to come.
Birthday Bible Verse For A Friend
John 16:21 A woman, when she is in labor, has sorrow because her hour has come but as soon as she has given birth to the child, she no longer remembers the anguish, for joy that a human being has been born into the world.
Psalm 139:13-14 For You formed my inward parts You covered me in my mothers womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well.
Matthew 6:34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.
Philippians 4:19 And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
Don’t Miss: The Birthday Book Astrology Online
Biblical Birthday Messages For My Son
My lovely son, on this occasion of your birthday, the biblical saying that every message of the Lord does not go without fulfilling for which it was sent is through with you. Happy birthday to you.
81. As the Lord redeems all his people and no one who puts his trust in him will never be condemned, so shall you be. Happy birthday to you, my son.
82. The love of the Lord reaches to the heavens, his faithfulness reaches to the skies. My dear son, the Lord is a canopy over you. Remain in him and live forever. Happy birthday to you.
83. The Lord is a shelter to those whose hope is in him. My dear son, as you celebrate another birthday today, the Lord will always be a shelter around you.
84. Taste and see that the Lord is good. Dear son, the Lord will always be good to you. Happy birthday to you as you look forward to better years ahead.
85. Happy days lie ahead of the blessed of the Lord. Your days will be covered in glory. Happy birthday to you, my son.
86. Great is the Lord and greatly to be praised. We give God the glory for making you too see another new year. Happy birthday to you, dear son. Your victory is around the corner.
87. A thousand will fall at your left side, ten thousand at your right side, but they shall not come near you. As you celebrate another birthday today, son, no evil shall be near you.
88. As the Lord was a pillar of clouds in the day and a pillar of fire in the night, so shall He be with you. Happy birthday to you, my son.
Happy Birthday My Son Bible Verse
My son, happy birthday to you. With each verse of the bible such as this, the Lord is good to those whose eyes are fixed on him the promises of God for you are sustained. I wish you a splendid year.
61. The Lord will rebuild the ancient ruins of your life and give you a fortress for yourself_ Isaiah 61:4. Happy birthday to you, my son.
62. The Lord will give you beauty for ashes of your life and rejoicing will always be in your vicinity. Happy birthday to you, dear son.
63. In the beginning the Lord made heaven and the earth.And God said let there be light._Gen 1:1,3. You are a design of God to shine the light. Happy birthday to you, my son.
64. There is no sorcery against you, no divination again you. Happy birthday to you, my son. Nothing will be against you in life.
65. The Lord is your shepherd, so you shall never be in want_ Psalm 23:1. My lovely son, the lord will be your abundance as you celebrate this birthday. Happy birthday to you, son.
66. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow you all the days of your life and you shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever and ever_ Psalm 23:6. My dear son, happy birthday to you.
67. Even when you pass through the valley of the shadow of death, you shall fear no evil for the Lord himself shall be with you_ Psalm 23:4. My dear son, you shall not be afraid of evil.
68. The Lord is your light and salvation, therefore fear not_ Psalm 27:1. Nothing shall intimidate you in life. Happy birthday to you, my son.
Read Also: Themes For 12 Year Old Birthday Party Girl
Birthday Wishes For Son Bible Verses
Psalm 34:4I sought the LORD, and he answered me he delivered me from all my fears.
Psalm 5:11But let all who take refuge in you be glad let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you.
Ecclesiastes 4:9-10Two are better than one because they have a good return for their labor: If either of them falls down, one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up.
Isaiah 54:10 NIVHappy Birthday! The Lord says to you: Though the mountains are shaken and the hills are removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed.
Luke 2:40And the Child grew and became strong in spirit, filled with wisdom and the grace of God was upon Him.
Psalm 20:4May He grant you your hearts desire And fulfill all your counsel.
Galatians 6:9Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
Psalm 118:24The LORD has done it this very day let us rejoice today and be glad.
Galatians 6:2Carry each others burdens, and in this way, you will fulfill the law of Christ.
Philippians 1:6 ESVHappy Birthday! May God who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.
But Whoso Shall Offend One Of These Little Ones Which Believe In Me It Were Better For Him That A Millstone Were Hanged About His Neck And That He Were Drowned In The Depth Of The Sea
The language used here is very intense and deliberately so. Jesus wanted to make it abundantly clear that it is our responsibility to protect the children in our lives and to expect severe consequences if we mistreat them. It is always unfortunate to see children being treated like enemies instead of the blessing that they are to us.
Peter later adds to the instructions for parents to apply in their household towards their children. In 1 Peter 5:1-3, KJV encourages parents to take pleasure in looking after their children and warns them never to adopt a domineering spirit towards them but to raise them up in love as Christ loved the church.
Don’t Miss: Surprise 80th Birthday Party Invitations
Compare Memory Verses For Kids
Bible Verses about Kids Weve compiled the ultimate list of simple scripture verses about children. This is perfect for encouraging church volunteers and keeping up your own motivation. Jesus loves kids that should be our focus too. Nothing can compare to knowing what God says. Every chapter can bring you close to his will.
ABC Scripture Verses This printable will give you a Bible verses for kids based on every letter in the alphabet. Adopt one per week and find fun activities to help memorize them all. This is especially fun with preschool and kindergarten aged, who are just learning their ABCs. A great way to build character and integrity in young Christians.
Compare verses about Christian Parents Jesus gives clear direction to both parents and their offspring. This overview list of verses explain and compares the role and responsibility of mothers & fathers. They also explain the obligation to respect & obey parents.
Childrens Children Are The Crown Of Old Men And The Glory Of Children Are Their Fathers Proverbs 1: 6 Kjv
When God created the family structure, He hard-wired into us the welcoming spirit towards newborns. Parents and grandparents alike can find joy in the blessing of new life and the addition to their family. The innocence and beauty of children can often cause adults to be nostalgic for simpler times. They teach us how to be responsible, take leadership seriously, listen more, and make better decisions.
In a spiritual sense, observing children can be a daily object-lesson to us of how we are to be with God. Their dependence and trust in their caregivers is a mirror to the faith we are all called to demonstrate. In this way, children are not just a blessing to us in an emotional sense, but spiritually as well.
You May Like: Birthday Party Places In Phoenix
Is Celebrating Birthdays Biblical
Historically, throwing a feast to celebrate the date of a childs birth came from a Pagan tradition. That is why the early Christians never had a record of celebrating their birthdays. If we were to scan through the whole Bible. the only birth that was elaborately described was the birth of Jesus. Important Bible characters like John the Baptists, Abraham, or any other prophets had no record whatsoever indicating that they observed any kind of birthday celebrations, may it be their own or other peoples.
- Ecclesiastes 7:1 A good name is better than fine perfume, and the day of death better than the day of birth.
Christians before the birth of Christ considered birthday rituals as a celebration of evil. Apart from the association of birthday rituals with Pagans, theres the belief that humans are born bearing the original sin which was passed down from Adam and Eve. Hence, celebrating the birth of another courier of that sin was far from never. However, when Jesus was born, His birth made all our birthdays a day worth thanking God for. For our life on earth is not as futile as it once was because Jesus showed us a way to eternal life.
Birthday Bible Verses For Daughter
Ephesians 2:10For we are Gods handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
Psalm 55:22Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you he will never let the righteous be shaken.
Psalm 144:12May our daughters be like graceful pillars, carved to beautify a palace.
Psalm 16:11You make known to me the path of life you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.
James 1:17 ESVEvery good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.
2 Corinthians 9:8 NIVHappy Birthday! May God bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.
Matthew 14:6 ESVBut when Herods birthday came, the daughter of Herodias danced before the company and pleased Herod.
Psalm 22:10From birth, I was cast on you from my mothers womb you have been my God.
Ezekiel 16:44Everyone who uses proverbs will speak the following saying against you: Like mother, like daughter.
Psalm 139:13-14For you created my inmost being you knit me together in my mothers womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
Psalm 20:4 ESVMay he grant you your hearts desire and fulfill all your plans!
1 Corinthians 1:4I always thank my God for you because of his grace given you in Christ Jesus.
You May Like: Jumping Places For Birthday Parties